CH-2(Chaos in Silence)

Vikram's POV:

she taunted, walking away with those words lingering in the air. Her accusation hit me like a punch to the gut, and yet, I couldn't deny the truth in them. How could I face Aarvi? She's the reason I lost you, Shanaya. That child—our child—is the reason you're gone. Why did you choose her over yourself? Why?

"Why, why did you leave, Shanaya?" I thought, my heart heavy with grief. The weight of your absence crushed me every day, a constant reminder of everything I had lost.

I stared at the empty space beside me, where you used to sleep, where your laughter used to fill the air. "How could you leave me like this? You promised we'd face everything together. Now, all I have are memories—just memories."

I closed my eyes, but the flood of images was relentless. Your smile, your gentle touch, the way you'd watch me with that knowing look in your eyes, even when I wasn't paying attention—those moments seemed so far away now, like a different life.

"Every day is hell without you," I whispered into the emptiness, speaking to the air as if you could still hear me.

"I am nothing without you, Shanaya. Please come back."

End POV

Meher stormed out of Vikram's room, her heart racing with frustration. She could feel the heat of anger bubbling beneath her calm exterior, but she tried to suppress it as she made her way to her own room.

Once inside, she took a deep breath, trying to steady her emotions before getting ready for work. She quickly picked up her phone and dialed her secretary's number.

"I'll be late, postpone the meeting," she said curtly, her voice tight with irritation.

"Understood, ma'am," came the reply.

She hung up the phone and tossed it onto the bed. As she moved to the mirror, brushing her hair and adjusting her clothes, she glanced at Aarvi, who was still peacefully sleeping. Walking over to her, she gently kissed her on the cheeks and forehead before quietly leaving the room.

Downstairs..

Meher greeted the elderly couple sitting in the living room. 

"Good morning, Dadi-sa, good morning, Dada-sa," she said respectfully, touching their feet.

"Good morning, Meher," they both responded with warm smiles. After receiving their blessings, Meher moved toward the kitchen. As she entered, the servants, who were assisting a lady, stepped back slightly and bowed.

"Khamma Ghani, Meher-sa," the head servant greeted respectfully.

Meher nodded in acknowledgment. "Khamma Ghani," she replied.

The lady, busy at the kitchen counter, glanced at Meher as she worked. It was Veer's mother, a woman of quiet grace and authority. She gave Meher a brief, measured look before returning to her task, her silence speaking volumes.

Meher stood beside her and said softly, "Good morning, Maa-sa."

"Hmm," Vikram's mother nodded, barely acknowledging her as she continued with her work.Meher was used to this by now.

 From the moment she had married Vikram, she had known that no one in the house truly wanted her there—except for Dadi-sa, Dada-sa, and her little beam of light, Aarvi.

But that indifference didn't bother her; Meher wasn't easily shaken by emotions. She had built her life on strength and resilience, qualities that had helped her succeed as a businesswoman. She had faced many challenges in her career, moving through male-dominated boardrooms with a determined attitude that earned her respect.

As she stepped outside to leave for work, a cool breeze brushed against her face. She opened her eyes, ready to tackle the day with her usual confidence. Her sharp gaze scanned the area, taking in every detail as she walked toward her sleek car parked outside. Dressed in a tailored blazer and high heels, she looked every bit the professional she was. The confidence she radiated was like armor, protecting her from the world's pressures.

"Chaliyee[lets move]"she said to driver while settling her on the back seat.