Chapter One. Waking Up

There I awake. My whole body is aching. I can barely turn my head to the side, but when I do all I see are battle remains, dead bodies, and weapons.

I feel a warm liquid dripping down my stomach and I realize it's blood.
My hair is scorched and my body is burned. I whine softly, feeling in pain and overwhelmed.

I hear faint yelling in the distance and notice a light, probably a flashlight, shining through the smoke left from the war. I notice soldiers from my country running at top speed to come rescue me or someone rather. I'm scooped up in the large arms of a soldier. I'm brought to a nurse and laid in the bed where I pass out due to the exhaustion.

I woke up to the beeping of machines after what felt like a few minutes. The nurse tells me it was actually about a day of sleep. I groan softly when I move because my body is still sore. I look down and see bandages all over my body.

The nurse walks in and says "Hello dear" while sitting a packet down in front of me.

I look at her confused as she helps me sit up. "What happened to my body?" I ask. She smiles warmly and hands me the packet, "This my dear are the documents explaining everything that happened here while you were unconscious".

I take the packet and begin to read through it. Low  blood pressure? Internal bleeding? A SURGERY!? I gasp quietly to myself in shock. The nurse walks up and cups my cheek in her hand and looks at me with her soft, warm, kind, brown eyes. "Trust me dear. You are in good hands"

She hands me a glass of water and a small pill. I ask what it's for and she says it's for the pain.

I take the pill and thank her. The pill hurts a little to swallow because of the smoke i inhaled earlier but the icy water she gave me helped a bit.

She smiles lightly at me. "My dear...What is your name"

I think for a minute trying to remember then it comes to me. "Lilac......L-Lilac Amana."

Her smile grows sad and sympathetic as she sits down on the chair next to me. "My dear are you perhaps related to..Caleb Amana?"

I nod. She pulls me into a hug.

"My dear...If I may ask you...What happened?
I wait before answering "...Well..."