Chapter Two. Back Story

"Well..." I begin still hesitant to expose this vulnerable part about me to a nurse I just met.

"My parents aren't around anymore" I continue "I lived with my aunt but i'm not sure of the address. And even if i was, it's probably miles away"

"Oh you poor thing no child should have to go through that" the nurse says sympathetically.

I nod in agreement "Uhm one day i was making a bouquet of flowers and this black van pulled up. I didn't think anything of it until a man in a black suit and glasses walked up to me. His glasses were black so I couldn't see his eyes. Then he grabbed me from behind, wrapping his arm around my mouth. I struggled and trashed but he was too strong."

I take a deep shaky breath and I struggle to continue with tears pricking at my eyes.

"U-uhm...T-they put me in the van and put duct tape on my mouth. There were other girls there too but they were all older than me. One of the eldest ones looked mean and i don't think she liked having me there very much"

A tear rolls down my cheek but I take a deep breath and try to compose myself.

"Then they dropped us off in a field. I hear someone shout 'Duck!' I didn't get the hint fast enough and a bullet went right past my ear. After hours and days of battle I was battered and bruised. The last thing I remember was....Being stabbed in the stomach."

The nurse is now crying along side me still smiling in a comforting way

"You poor thing" She begins "How could someone go through all of that"

She thinks for a moment then asks "Dear how old are you?"

I hesitate to answer but I say it anyway "I-I'm 16..Miss". "Honey, what country are you from?" The nurse asks. "America" I answer. The nurse's eyes go wide as she realizes just how far from home I truly am.

I stay quiet slightly confused by her reaction until she says this "Sweetie this is Japan"

I gasp quietly. Then all of the sudden a man walks in. The first thing I notice is how exhausted he looks. He has shaggy black hair that goes down to his shoulders. He's wearing these weird glasses on the top of his head. He's wearing this black robe-like shirt and black baggy pants.

The nurse looks at him and smiles kindly and greets the man calling him 'Shouta'

She brings my name into the conversation and I perk up slightly when my attention is caught.

"Ahh Shouta, finally it's only been 8 hours" The nurse says and the man rolls his eyes and says "Yeah yeah where's the girl?". The nurse glares at the man and says "She is right here" and then she gestures to me.

I freeze up a little as everyone's eyes go on me. The nurse walks next to my bedside and places her hand on mine. "Dear, I invited Shouta Aizawa here to come meet you. If you and Shouta want you might be going home with him once you're discharged"

I look over at the man. He's intimidating. The man begins to walk over to me and says, "Hi I am Shouta Aizawa and I haven't been told that much about you" His voice is surprisingly gentle giving his intimidating looks.

"M-my name is Lilac Amana. I've always gone by Li or Lila. But some people do call me Lilac. I-I'm 16 and American"

Shouta looks at the nurse and says "I think we'll be a good match"