Chapter 4 - [Not a Mama's Boy]

I closed my locker and smiled as Val walked up to me in her normal sweatpants, tank top and sweater. It was lunch now and I hated when I didn't get a chance to see her in the morning.

   "Hey babes." She winked.

   "Hey!"

   She turned the dial of her lock. "So how was working with dick head last night?"

   "Good!" I said. "Surprisingly."

   She looked at me. "Normal?"

   I nodded. "Well, normal as in... two partners working on a project."

   She nodded. "Good."

   Even though she seemed to be being nice, I knew she was still furious with the fact that Gale was my partner in the first place.

   I smiled. "The poster's actually going to look amazing."

   "Because?"

   I opened my mouth to answer, but my eyes fell on Gale, who was walking over to me with his hands in his pockets. "Problem." He said as he approached me.

   Val looked at him with an eyebrow raised. She was probably thinking, 'how the fuck do you have the guts to walk up to her when I'm here?'

   Gale tried to give her a casual smile, but she let out a small, annoyed laugh and turned back to her locker.

   "What's wrong?" I asked, pretending not to notice their little drama.

   Gale, who was giving Valerie a confused look, looked at me. "There's a Hockey game tonight."

   I raised both my eyebrows because I couldn't physically just raise one. "So?"

   Gale sighed, almost sounding annoyed. "So, we have to finish quickly so I can watch the game."

   There was definitely something different with his tone. It didn't seem as kind as it was yesterday.

   Maybe it was because people were watching.

   Oh my god. King Gale Dallas is talking to the commoner Naomi what's-her-face. Big deal. Just give it a rest.

   Though the thought upset me, I just nodded. "Sure."

   "Oh and, give me your number." He ordered.

   I hesitated. "Why?"

   He handed me his iPhone. "Cause I'm meeting with Miss. Sheppard afterschool and I'll text you when I'm done so I can give you a ride."

   I was going to sigh, but since Miss. Sheppard was his art teacher, I decided to let it go. So I added my number to his contact list and handed the phone back to him.

   "Hey!" I heard.

   I turned my head and saw Alison Gardner walk over to Gale.

   Alison Gardner, Queen Bee of Victoria Anne High. She had everything Gale had except the art skills.

   That means she was gorgeous, with her long, dirty blonde hair, pink lips, bright blue eyes, perfect skin, perfect body, perfect everything.

   She had the money. She was probably even richer than Gale actually.

   And almost all the girls wanted to be like her.

   Gale smiled as she walked into his arms and he gave her a quick kiss.

   I bit my lip and looked at Val, hoping she would say something that would make Gale and Alison go away.

   He then walked off, without even saying bye, hand in hand with Alison.