Prologue

Prologue
It all started on my one year anniversary with a boy named Taylor Caniff.
"Kayla, I have some big news to tell you," my dad shouts up the stairs, echoing through the halls.
I run down the stairs waiting to hear the news. I'm excited until I see boxes, boxes, boxes, and guess what? More boxes. "Honey," my mother starts. "We are moving to California," she finishes. "I know it's sudden, but your father got a new promotion. We have to leave tomorrow."
I start having mixed emotions. I wanna live in California but I'll miss my friends and Taylor. How can I leave Tay? How do I break the news to him? At this point I'm practically in tears. I run upstairs back into my room and shut the door. My bed is my only friend currently, and it's not waterproof. I cry for a little while, I don't know how long. I cried because I was scared. Because I didn't know if I'd make friends. Because I don't know how Taylor would react. Because I'd be alone.
Eventually I calmed down when an alarm went off on my phone.Technically I wasn't calm, I jumped as soon as it went off. The alarm read, "GET UP AND GET READY YOU IDIOT," because that's how I make my alarms.
"Oh my gosh!" I jump up realizing what it's for. TAYLOR! I start freaking out when I see that it is already 6:30 and he is coming to pick me up at 7! I run to my closet, practically throwing my clothes on the floor, trying to find the dress. Once I find it, I look through my shoes. After finding those I do my makeup and my hair. 6:52 the clock reads. My eyes go wide and I put my dress. The time keeps flying by and before I know it the clock reads 6:58. I rush trying to find a clutch. Finally I find it! I grab my phone and my money and look in the mirror. I wear a hot pink and black dress that touches the ground in the back, but is up to my knees in the front. The top of the dress is black, while the bottom
is pink. The sound of my doorbell echoes through the house. My heart starts racing as I see Taylor standing behind the door. I slowly make my way down the stairs. Now I have to explain I'm moving to a very emotional guy... Fun.