Chapter 1

I slowly open the door, and air rushes in. In front of me is a gorgeous guy in a fancy black tux. He greets me with a hug and then takes my hand. "You look amazing." He whispers as he brings me to the car and opens up my door. He quickly runs around the car to his side and gets in. When the car starts,Gangnam Style by Psy is playing on the radio.
"I love this song!" I exclaim, laughing as Taylor turns the music up. We both start singing the lyrics, having no idea what they mean, at the top of our lungs. Soon we arrive at a fancy place called Gamba Ristorante.
"We have to calm down, this place is fancy." He says, trying to get a goofy grin off his face."Do you have reservations?" The lady at the front asks as we get inside. "Yes, Taylor Caniff." Taylor announces as he reaches for my hand. As we approach the table, it starts pouring outside. We reach the table, and Taylor pulls out my chair for me. As he sits down, I look around at this magnificent place. Chandeliers cover the ceiling, columns hold up the roof, and elegant seats sit waiting at every table. All of a sudden, I remember that I have to tell Taylor the news. My heart starts racing as i watch him read over the menu. I can't leave him, he is the love of my life.
"Kayla, is everything alright?" He asked, concerned. I swallow and close my eyes. I have to tell him.
"Taylor, I am moving to California tomorrow," I announce.
"What!" He yells, standing up. People at other tables look towards us.
"Taylor, I think you're overreacting..." I begin, but am cut off by him again.
"I'm not overreacting, you're underreacting. I can't believe you're just now telling me this!" He continues yelling, making me frightened.
"I just-" I try to talk.
"No." He says sternly. "We're through." He angrily walks off, muttering things to himself. I cover my face in my hands and silently cry to myself. The people around me go back to eating.
I stay there for 20 minutes wondering if this was really the end, or was it just a dream. I call my mom and ask her to pick me up because Taylor was my ride.
15 minutes later my mom arrives. I hop in the car with tears pouring out of my eyes. She uncomfortably stays silent, knowing I'll need space.
Once we arrive home I run to my room and slam the door. That night I cried myself to sleep.
When I wake up the next morning I see that I have a text from Taylor. "Kayla, I can't believe that this is how you wanted us to end. You're just a jerk who was using me for my looks". I thought we could make this work, but I guess he doesn't want long distance. I keep going through many thoughts about him in my head until I am interrupted by a knock on my door.
"Honey, it is time to go to California! Take all you need for now and the movers will bring everything else." My mom explains.
This is it. Goodbye Indiana.