Prologue

The lights flickered gently over the worn wooden stage, casting long shadows across the room. Kanto Sounds was always quiet this late—just the way Aaron liked it. The bar had seen its share of life: music, laughter, and the kind of conversations that lingered in the air long after the last note had played. But tonight, it was still. Almost too still.

Aaron sat alone in the corner, guitar resting on his lap. The strings were worn, the wood weathered from years of use. It had been a long time since he'd felt like playing, but somehow, the guitar called to him tonight.

He glanced at the empty chairs in the dimly lit room. There was one spot, however, that he always expected to see someone sitting in—though she had never said a word. Emily. She was a mystery, really. A fan who had never once stepped up to talk to him, yet somehow, Aaron knew she was always there, quietly watching, listening. Every note he played felt like it was meant for her.

It was strange how someone you barely knew could become such a presence in your life, like a melody that keeps repeating itself in your head. And as much as Aaron tried to shake it off, he couldn't deny that her silence had become a part of his music.

He strummed a few chords, letting them vibrate in the silence. The music, like a breath, filled the room.

Tonight, though, there was a heaviness in the air. Something was different. It was like the world was waiting for something—a moment, a change, a song that would say everything that had been left unspoken. And he couldn't help but wonder if Emily would be the one to hear it.

But tonight, Aaron was about to discover that some things—some feelings—are more complicated than they appear. And some stories begin where you least expect them.

As the first notes of a song drifted into the air, the door creaked open, and for a brief moment, a familiar figure stood in the doorway.

Emily had come.