the lost cat

Gene woke up by a loud thud, her vision blurry as she made her way to the window and opened the curtains. The sun was blocked by the roaring clouds, looking ready to pour. She checked the time, it was 6 am. She yawned, it was saturday and saturdays are boring, she knew she would spend her day in the library reading and trying to seek something new. People called her a nerd but she didn't care. Reading is the most comforting thing to do according to her, and as for sly , just leave him alone on his own and he will be alright.
She looked at sly at the other side of the room, he was still sleeping, she decided toleft him as he was, he needed sleep after getting a lifetime trauma. Gene left her room and went downstairs where she met her parents sitting at the dinning table, discussing something
"Good morning mom and dad" gene said as she rubbed her eyes
"Good morning sweetheart" her mom said "has sly woken up yet?"
"No, he is still sleeping" gene said "i didnt wake him, he had a very exhausting day, so i thought that it would be better to let him sleep"
"Well we wanted to tell you something" gene's dad said"me and your mom are going out of town, we have a important buisness meeting and we cannot miss it"
"Yeah isn't that right?" Gene said going towards the dining table as she sat on it "you two always say the same thing almost once a month"
"We know joney but it is important for us to do it" her mom said "and soon you or sly is gonna be the ceo of the company, we are just doing the best we could till the end"
"I know, but sly and me, my self never said that either of us want to be the ceo" gene said as she stood up and went towards the staircase "and besides you know i am intrested in space and stuff and i want to be an atronomer and as for sly, trust me you dont wanna talk to him about this" gene's final words before she left the scene
Making her way towards her room, she was caught off guard by the photo in the corridor. She stepped in front of it. It was her grandfather's, him sitting on a chair. Her corridor was filled with the photo of her ancestors, the ones who succeeded in their life.
Looking at the photos as she walked down the corridor, she eventually reached the end. There was a big balcony at the end of the corridor. And a a big photo of her one ancestor, the one who is believed to be the one who rose their family and became visible in the eyes of the crowd.
Gene thought about the earleir conversation of her parents with her. She didnt want to be a ceo, it was a nice thing to become but it was more important to do the thing you love instead of taking your family's occupation, as her grandfather used to say that it doesnt matter what she do the only thing that matter is that she enjoys doing it.
Gene will always remember her grandfather, she had so many memories of her and her grandpa, the ones she would never forget.
Gene went to the balcony. The sky was becoming more and more darker as minutes passed. The thunder storm and the fast wind, it was going to rain sooner than she had expected.

Gene made her way back to her bedroom. She opened the door and met her brother.
"You awake already?" Gene said as she came in the room "i thought younwere gonna sleep at least until 8 am"
Sly looked at her before nodding, not saying anything. Gene knew she couldn't expect anything else as a response from him
"You know, mom and dad are goimg for that buisness meeting again" gene said
"What?"
"Mom and dad are going out of town. I dont think its that surprising, they literally go like every month"
"No, i know that, its just that, its not safe for them to leave the house, that creature could be still out there, killing people. Have you not seen the news? Have they?"
"Listen dude, i dont think that they have seen the news and even if they have its quite hard for them to actually believe, you know." Gene sair "and maybe the thing you saw was just sometging else  but your hallucinations made it look like something else. Who knows it could be new species of an animal. We cant know for sure can we"
"So you are saying the thing i saw with my own freaking eyes was just my halluciation? Are you even serious right now?"sly said "that thing killed haley for god's sake and you are saying it was just my halluciation? And here i thought that i could tell you and you would believe me, now i know i shouldnt have"
"Its not like i dont believe you," gene said" what i am trying to say is that even if there is something wrong, even if there is a creature we dont have to worry. If they are limited number of them, then the police can catch them all. We dont have to worry about anything and besides didnt you hear the news it said that the people who dies were found in the woods of any place further away from the city, it clearly says that you have to stay away from anywhere which is far from the city and you will be good"
"I know, but it is still not safe who knows when they decide to come out of the dark and starts hunting people regardless of there place?"
"I am pretty sure the police will catch them all before they could even do that"
"What if they couldn't? We have to try to be at least safe"
"Look if you have a problem, go talk to mom and dad, convince them to stay at home if you could, tell them your little story and see if they would believe it because i think they wouldn't. At least i believed a little"
Sly didnt said anything. He knew there is nothing for him to say anymore, nobody would believe him if he tell them his little story. Why would anybody believe him? Its not like whatever he is saying can be true? He is just a kid who imagines stories and then tell it like fairytale
Sly went out, he needed to be alone and it was blossom's feeding time. He went to the pantry to get some cat food before callimg blossom
"BLOSSOM! COME HERE ITS TIME TO EAT!" Sly screamed knowing that blossom would now come to him running like crazy and get her long fur all over the house before she could beg him for food by furiously rubbing herself against his leg.
Sly screamed one more time when she didnt come in exactly 5 seconds but still no response came. Sly was confused for a moment. Blosson knew when it was eating time and she was sure to never miss it, in fact she would always wander around him and genevieve 10 minutes before the time to eat to make sure they wouldnt forget. But now that she is not here sly was confused and a little worrried, where could she possibly be?
Sly now started walking around the house. Looking for her at every possivle place he thinks she could be but still he didnt find her anywhere. Now he was starting to get worry, until he reached the library.
The door finnaly opened with a loud creak as he pushed himself against him, he thught that she could be here as sometimes as she escapes trough the upper went and let herself in the library and sit at the big window, snuggling and sleeping.
Sly cursed as he finnaly got in. The room was a little dark because of the weather outside,but not that dark he could see everything almost perfectly.
"Oh my god this door, i have told dad so many times to get this thing fixed but he is always busy. Guess i will just have to call someone to fix it mysel-" sly was caught off guard when he saw one of the book shelf being a total mess. It was the one  which had all the books that were written by his ancestor. He had never touched any of those books, they were of no use to him but seeing something being a complete mess just always made him wanted to clean the mess.
He went a little closer to the shelf. It looked like someone had been searching for something in this bookshelf, but it was not him. It must have been gene or their parents, they come here quite a lot but it was not like them to leave a mess like this, they were a clean freak and so was him, himself. But it was not the time for him to worry about that now, he had got other things to take care off.
He started searching for blossom again just when he remembered that he needed to find blossom. He had been searching for almost half of an hour now but still there is not a single trace of her. Sly didnt wanted to ask gene, no after they had a fight. But he had to ask her, blossom here is the biggest concern