Chapter 1: Childhood Bonds

I will fully utilize my day off! Annual leave! 📝 I'll be spending it writing, so pardon the flood of updates! You won't see me updating once I'm back to my busy life. 😅

Sun peeked over the horizon, casting a warm golden hue across the sprawling estate of the Nimitz family

Sun peeked over the horizon, casting a warm golden hue across the sprawling estate of the Nimitz family. The morning dew clung to the meticulously manicured lawns, and the chirping of birds provided a gentle soundtrack to the awakening day. In one of the grand bedrooms adorned with trophies and posters of classic cars, a young boy stirred beneath a mountain of blankets.

"Wake up, Pond! You're going to be late for school!" Mrs. Nimitz called from the hallway, her voice carrying the affectionate authority of a mother who was all too familiar with her son's morning routines.

Pond groaned softly, his dark hair a tousled mess as he peeked out from under the covers. "Five more minutes, Mom," he mumbled, his eyes heavy with sleep.

"That's what you said ten minutes ago," she replied, poking her head into the room with a playful grin. "Besides, Dunk is already downstairs waiting for you."

At the mention of his best friend's name, Pond's eyes snapped open. "Dunk's here already?" he exclaimed, tossing the blankets aside. He scrambled out of bed, nearly tripping over a pair of sneakers on the floor.

Downstairs, Dunk sat at the kitchen island, casually flipping through a comic book while nibbling on a piece of toast. His laid-back demeanor contrasted sharply with Pond's sudden burst of energy. Dunk looked up as Pond bounded into the kitchen. "Well, look who finally decided to join the land of the living," he teased.

Pond rolled his eyes, grabbing a piece of toast from the plate. "Very funny. Why didn't you wake me up earlier?"

"I tried calling you, but someone wasn't answering their phone," Dunk replied, smirking as he held up his own phone. "Besides, I thought you could use the extra beauty sleep."

Mrs. Nimitz chuckled as she poured orange juice into two glasses. "You boys are impossible. Now hurry up, or you'll miss the bus."

Pond and Dunk exchanged glances before bursting into laughter. "Mom, we haven't taken the bus since elementary school," Pond reminded her. "We're driving ourselves, remember?"

"Oh, right," she said with a wink. "Just making sure you're paying attention."

The two friends grabbed their backpacks and headed out to the garage, where Pond's prized sports car awaited. It was a sleek, red convertible—one of the perks of being the heir to the Nimitz business empire. As they settled into the car, Dunk adjusted his seatbelt. "Ready for another thrilling day of academia?" he quipped.

Pond shrugged, turning the key in the ignition. "As ready as I'll ever be. At least we've got soccer practice after classes to look forward to."