Chapter 6: Beyond Boundaries

Pond sighed as he stared at his computer screen, the numbers in front of him starting to blur together. The office was buzzing with activity, the familiar hum of keyboards, the low murmur of voices, and the occasional ring of a phone creating a white noise that filled the room. He had spent the entire morning reviewing financial reports, his eyes tired and his mind aching for a break. The office was a stark contrast to the laid-back atmosphere of the café. Here, everything was sharp, efficient, and calculated—a place where there was no room for mistakes.

He glanced over at Dunk, who was seated a few desks away, his brows furrowed in concentration. Dunk worked in marketing, and at the moment, he seemed engrossed in preparing for an upcoming campaign. His desk was filled with printouts and sketches of various ad concepts, and every so often, he would make a quick note or adjust something on his laptop.

Joong was nearby, typing furiously at his laptop as he worked on some client proposals. His desk was cluttered with papers, and Pond could see that he was in the zone, focused on getting his work done. Joong always had a meticulous approach, and Pond admired his dedication, even if it meant Joong often forgot to take breaks.

Boun, on the other hand, was anything but focused. He was leaning back in his chair, tossing a stress ball up in the air and catching it absentmindedly. He was supposed to be working on the latest logistics reports, but instead, he kept glancing over at Joong, a sly smile on his face.

"Joong, you look like you're about to murder that keyboard," Boun called out, breaking the relative silence of the office. "Need a break? Coffee, maybe?"

Joong shot him an exasperated look. "I'm fine, Boun. Unlike you, some of us actually have work to do."

Boun grinned, catching the ball one last time and setting it on his desk. "Just trying to help, man. Don't overwork yourself."

Pond shook his head, amused. He pushed his chair back and stood up, stretching his arms above his head. "I need a break too. Dunk, you coming?"

Dunk looked up, blinking as if coming out of a trance. "Yeah, sure. I could use some air."

The three of them made their way out of the office, heading to the small coffee shop on the ground floor of their building. The air outside was crisp, a welcome change from the stifling office environment. As they waited for their orders, Pond's thoughts drifted to Phuwin. He hadn't heard from him since the café meet-up, and he couldn't help but feel a little worried. Phuwin had seemed okay, but there had been something in his eyes—something that Pond couldn't quite place.

"Thinking about Phuwin?" Dunk asked, breaking into Pond's thoughts. His tone was teasing, but there was genuine curiosity in his eyes.

Pond sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Yeah, I guess. I just... I don't know. I feel like there's something he's not telling me."

Dunk nodded thoughtfully. "He's been through a lot, Pond. It's going to take time for him to open up completely. Just be patient."

"I know," Pond said. "I just wish I could help more."

Joong, who had been quietly listening, added, "Sometimes just being there is enough. He'll come around when he's ready."

Pond smiled at his friends, grateful for their support. "Thanks, guys. I hope you're right."

Flashback 

Pond couldn't keep himself away from the café these days. Every time he saw Phuwin, there was a pull—something about the quiet barista that made him want to know more. Today was no different. The café had its usual buzz of chatter, the smell of freshly ground coffee filling the air. Pond entered, glancing around until his eyes found Phuwin behind the counter, focused on the espresso machine.