Prologue

The world of Aeonias was once a place of perfect harmony, a realm where the celestial bodies—the sun, the moon, and the stars—danced in an eternal cycle, bestowing balance upon all life. The Celestial Cycle, as it was known, governed more than the passage of days; it was the foundation upon which the magic, seasons, and even the hearts of men were built. The sun, in its radiant glory, ruled the day, its light nurturing the lands and its heat providing the energy for life to thrive. The moon, mysterious and serene, ruled the night, tempering the world's fires and offering rest in its cool embrace. And the stars, distant and enigmatic, granted guidance to the dreamers, their constellations a map for those who sought knowledge and power beyond their reach.

It had been so for millennia, an unbroken cycle of day, night, and the quiet breath of the stars. But like all things bound by time, this balance was fragile, sustained only by the delicate truce of the celestial gods—Solaxis, the Sun God, and Lunara, the Moon Goddess. While Solaxis commanded the light and warmth that gave life to Aeonias, Lunara controlled the shadows, ensuring that even the darkest night could offer sanctuary. Between them, the stars were the guardians of fate, led by the eldest of the celestial spirits, Nyxen, who watched over the heavens from the Astral Plane, maintaining the world's subtle equilibrium.

The people of Aeonias lived their lives according to the Celestial Cycle. In the bright lands of Solaris, where the Sunborn thrived, the sun was worshiped as a giver of life. The Sunborn were warriors, their strength fueled by the magic of the light. Their crops were plentiful, their cities gleamed with gold and marble, and their weapons shone with the brilliance of their patron god. To the north, beneath the silver glow of the moon, the Moonkin lived in the Lunaris Tundra, where shadows were not feared but embraced. There, the night provided shelter from the harsh world, and the Moonkin learned to harness the power of darkness, their magic subtle, weaving through the shadows like whispers on the wind. Their way of life was one of reflection and patience, their people few but resourceful, thriving in the moon's protective light.

The Starborn, scholars and seers, wandered the Astral Isles—a floating archipelago suspended in the skies—communing with the stars to learn the mysteries of magic, prophecy, and fate. Their knowledge was unparalleled, and they were the keepers of the Astral Harp, a powerful artifact capable of summoning the spirits of the stars. With it, they could call upon the wisdom of the celestial spirits in times of need, ensuring that the balance between light and dark was never broken.

But nothing in Aeonias could last forever.

A thousand years ago, a prophecy was written by the stars themselves, warning of an event that would shatter the Celestial Cycle: The Eclipse of Eternity. It foretold a time when the sun would be swallowed by the moon, plunging the world into an eternal night. The prophecy spoke of a rift between Solaxis and Lunara, a division so deep that the gods would wage war upon one another, their feud causing the world itself to unravel. Without the stars to mediate, without the balance of day and night, Aeonias would fall into chaos.

For centuries, the people ignored the warning. Life continued as it always had, with the Sunborn, Moonkin, and Starborn keeping to their domains, trusting that the celestial gods would maintain the fragile peace. But slowly, the signs of the coming Eclipse began to manifest. The sun grew dimmer, its light waning with each passing year, while the moon lingered longer in the sky, its pale glow growing more intense. Crops began to wither, rivers ran dry, and the beasts of the land became twisted, their forms grotesque and unnatural. In the sky, the stars began to fade, one by one, their absence leaving gaps in the constellations that guided the fates of mortals.

Then, on a day now remembered only as the Nightfall, the Eclipse began.

The moon, once a gentle presence in the night, grew in size, blocking out the sun entirely. The sky turned black, and the stars were swallowed by the void. The Sunborn felt their power drain from them as the light abandoned them, their cities falling into disrepair, their golden armor tarnishing in the cold dark. The Moonkin, too, found no solace in the darkness. The eternal night brought with it monsters born of shadow, creatures twisted by the void between the stars, hunting in the cold wasteland that was once their home. The Starborn, cut off from the celestial spirits, could no longer commune with the stars, their knowledge lost, their floating isles now adrift in a sky without light.

In the wake of the Eclipse, the world of Aeonias began to crumble. Without the light of Solaxis, the Sunborn could no longer grow their crops, and famine spread through their lands. The once-great cities of Solaris fell to ruin, their people scattered, struggling to survive in a world where light was no longer a constant. The Moonkin, once masters of the shadows, found themselves hunted by the very darkness they had once controlled. Their villages were attacked by creatures that lurked just beyond the edge of their vision, leaving them defenseless against the horrors that now roamed the tundra.

Even the Starborn, with all their knowledge, were powerless to stop the decay. The stars, their once-eternal guardians, had abandoned them, and their prophecies fell silent. The Astral Harp, their greatest relic, had lost its power, and the spirits of the stars no longer answered their calls.

In this broken world, hope began to fade. The Celestial Cycle, once unbreakable, had been shattered, and the gods themselves had fallen silent. But in the shadows, whispers of a new prophecy began to spread—one that spoke of a group of champions known as the Luminous Arc, destined to restore the balance and end the Eclipse. These champions would rise from the ashes of the old world, their powers drawn from the very forces that had been lost: the light of the sun, the shadow of the moon, and the ethereal magic of the stars.

It is in this world of darkness and despair that our story begins. Astryn, a warrior of the Sunborn, carries the last remnants of her people's light in the form of the legendary Sunblade, but even this flickering glow is fading. Driven by guilt for the death of her sister and the desperation to restore her homeland, Astryn embarks on a journey to uncover the truth behind the Eclipse and find a way to reignite the sun. Alongside her, a Moonkin thief named Liora, capable of wielding shadow magic, searches for redemption in a world that has turned against her people. Together, they must seek out the hidden relics of the Celestial Cycle and confront the growing threat of Nyxen, the fallen celestial spirit who now seeks to plunge the world into eternal void.

The journey ahead will be perilous, fraught with ancient magic, dangerous enemies, and the unraveling of a world teetering on the edge of oblivion. But if they fail, Aeonias will remain lost to the eternal night, and the Eclipse of Eternity will become the last chapter in the history of a world that once knew the warmth of the sun.

The Celestial Cycle has broken. Now, only the chosen few can hope to restore what has been lost.