Episode 2: The First Trial

Opening Scene:

The episode opens in the dark castle of the Witching World. The camera moves slowly across the cold stone walls, capturing a dim glow from torches flickering in the hallways. In a vast chamber, Lily, Mia, Olivia, Shelley, and Donut are still disoriented from being separated and magically brought back together. Their breaths come fast, their eyes wide with confusion.

“We’re back together,” Olivia says, her voice trembling with relief, looking around at the others. “But… where are we?”

Before anyone can answer, the room starts to shift around them. The stone walls ripple as if made of water. The floor beneath their feet begins to crack and tremble. Mia shouts, “Hold on to something!” But it’s too late. The ground splits open beneath them, and they’re swallowed into darkness.

The group free-falls into a swirling void. Light and shadow merge into one until—thud—they land in a lush forest, the air thick with magic. Groaning, they sit up and take in their surroundings.

“What the hell just happened?” Donut asks, rubbing his shoulder and glancing at the moss-covered trees surrounding them.

Shelley, always quick to analyze, squints at their surroundings. "This isn’t the castle anymore. And..." she looks down at her new clothes, "we’ve… changed."

Each of them is now clad in elaborate 15th-century attire. Lily’s once-casual outfit has transformed into a long, flowing gown embroidered with intricate patterns. Mia looks down at her now stiff, velvet cloak, rolling her eyes. “Great. We’re in some medieval costume party.”

Olivia, the ever-optimist, twirls in her dress, giggling. “It’s kind of fun, right? It’s like we’re in one of those old fairy tales.”

“That’s because we are,” Lily says, her voice hard. “This is the world of Snow White.”

They turn to see a narrow path leading deeper into the woods. Voices echo from far away—one of them sharp and haughty. “Is that…” Olivia starts, her voice trailing off.

“…Snow White,” Lily finishes. “This is my trial. We need to survive it.”

---

The Fairy Tale World:

As they walk along the path, the sound of a woman’s voice gets clearer. They approach a clearing in the forest and see Snow White, standing before a mirror, but not in the way they expect. There’s no grace or kindness in her demeanor. Instead, she whines and scowls at her reflection, her face full of dissatisfaction.

“I’m the fairest in the land, aren’t I?” Snow White demands, her eyes flashing with frustration. “That hag, my stepmother, she’ll never be as beautiful as me!” Her voice carries arrogance rather than innocence.

“She’s not… what I imagined,” Olivia whispers, frowning.

“This is messed up,” Mia mutters. “The whole story’s twisted.”

Meanwhile, they spot the Evil Queen in another part of the castle, standing near her own mirror. She looks regal but weary, her shoulders heavy with the weight of her crown. Her frustration spills out as she talks to her guards.

“I’ve tried everything. I’ve tried being kind, patient… but no matter what, I’m always cast as the villain,” the Queen laments, pacing the floor. “This girl will never see me as anything but a monster.”

Lily’s eyes narrow as she watches. “She’s not as evil as the stories make her out to be.”

The group huddles together. Lily steps up, her voice steady, “We can’t sit back and just watch this play out. We need to take control. If we let the story happen on its own, we might not survive.”