The Start of The Event Ch.4

Previously...

Y/N: "I missed you so much..."

You were about to faint, but not before hearing her response.

Yunjin: "I missed you too Y/N/N."

You slowly start to regain consciousness. Instead of opening your eyes right away, you tried to listen to the environment around you. A soft beeping could be heard pulsing around you. On your body, you felt sticky patches all around you. You smelt antiseptics and the air around was cold.

'A hospital? I guess Augy was out of commission...'

You finally squint your eyes open. The window to your hospital room was open, showing a night sky. You try and sit up, but hiss at the soreness of your body. Looking around the room, a note could be seen on the table next to the bed.

Y/N, if you see this, there was an event that we had to attend. Some weird special event where all of the K-Pop groups are attending. You were in and out of consciousness for a day or two, so we thought it was best to leave you here. Take a good break Cap' -Augy

'Wait, a day or two?'

Your hand jumps to your phone.

'It's Friday already? It's been three days...'

Seeing a fresh change of clothes on a nearby seat, you get out of bed and change. After leaving the hospital gown behind, you stretch a little and hop in place. Though you were still sore, you were itching to do something active. You put on your hood and walked towards the window. Making sure that no one was looking, you backed up a little before running at the window.

WOOSH

You put a little bit of mana into your legs and send yourself out of the window. Soaring through the air, you finally land on a rooftop.

Y/N: "Hmm... Where's that event?"

You decided to check out the event, even if you weren't working. Besides, who would find out? Pulling out your phone and doing some quick research, you found the venue it was held at.

'Not that far, maybe an hour if I hurry.'

You put on your headphones and start to rooftop hop through the city. Luckily, the night sky provided you with a cover from the few people outside. Some songs and a hit bird later, you were near the hall.

Lights could be seen flashing throughout the sky. Landing on a building next to the event venue, you whip out your phone.

'So, it says it's going to start tomorrow... I suppose I could just hang around, and it would be a good break to attend the event like a normal person. Besides, the last concert experience I got was basically stolen...'

A tingle from the back of your neck sets you on edge. You crouched down and masked your presence. Out on the street, you hear two sets of footsteps running out. You took a risk and peeked your head over the edge. Two familiar figures stood below, Minji and Aye.

'Huh? Why are they out here?'

Minji: "Are you sure that someone is trying to break in?"

Minji glares at Aye, who seems to look confused.

Aye: "There's definitely someone... I mean one of my bird summons was destroyed."

'Oh shit.'

Minji: "Let's just head back for now, besides, who is going to really break in?"

Aye: "You're right, there's a million defensive measures put around. Sorry, I was being paranoid."

Minji just smiles at him comfortingly.