Competition |Chapter 8|

‿︵‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣୧ - - - - - ୨˚̣̣̣୧‿︵‿︵‿︵

Y/N POV

Work was hectic today. I had been assigned to oversee one of our brand's photoshoots, something I wasn't exactly looking forward to, especially with the pressure to make sure everything ran smoothly. I was just a glorified paper pusher, not really someone who should be managing a set like this. Yet here I was, standing in the middle of a bustling studio, making sure things were on track.

We were showcasing a new line of clothing, and the models were already arriving to get fitted and prepped. I noticed Bear, our main male model, already halfway through his fitting, looking calm as ever. He wasn't stressing out like I was. Why couldn't I be like that?

The staff rushed around, making sure all the clothes were ready and the set was perfect for the shoot. I did my best to stay out of the way while asking if everything was on schedule. Unfortunately, I didn't receive the answers I was hoping for.

One of the coordinators came up to me, looking panicked. "We're missing the second male model," she said, rubbing her temples. "And we're already running behind schedule."

I felt my stomach drop. "What? How could that happen?" I asked, trying to keep calm even though my head was spinning. This was not good. Not good at all.

"We've been trying to get in touch with him," the coordinator continued, pulling out her phone to check for any updates, "but he's not answering, and we don't have anyone on standby."

Great. Absolutely perfect. I started cursing in my mind, running through possible solutions. Maybe I could get someone else in last minute? But who? No one who worked here would be a fit, and we didn't have time to wait for a replacement.

Just as I was about to spiral into full-on panic mode, Yunjin appeared. Of course she would show up now, when everything was falling apart. She strode into the studio with her usual commanding presence, looking every bit the authoritative boss she was.

"How's everything going?" she asked, her voice calm but with a tinge of suspicion, as if she already knew things weren't exactly running smoothly.

I hesitated, glancing at the coordinator, then back to Yunjin. "We're... uh, we're having an issue," I admitted, my voice barely concealing the anxiety I felt. "The second male model can't make it."

The scornful look she gave me was enough to send chills down my spine. It was the kind of look that told you she was both annoyed and disappointed, and I braced myself for whatever criticism she was about to hurl my way. I had no control over this situation, but that didn't matter. This was my responsibility today, and I had to fix it.

In a moment of panic, I blurted out, "I'll do it. I'll be the second model." The words escaped my mouth before I had time to really think them through, and for a second, I regretted everything.