1

Everyday is now an ordinary day in the outer banks. We found Sarah and John B in Charleston and now after a long boat ride back, we are all back together in the chateau. Pope was the only one who actually wanted to get a good education, so he signed up for summer school to go on his diploma. He spent his weekends with us but never the weekdays. Us 4 tried to skip school as much as we could, but with my parents always nagging me about how "education is important" and "we spend all our money so you can have a happy life", but they never understood that wherever my friends are, thats my happy life. John B and Sarah are a happy couple, so it's left with me, JJ, and Pope. He is still not over me, I do genuinely feel bad but I can't force myself to love someone who I don't, especially when I have eyes for someone else. I smile at the thought of him.

"Hey Kie" Sarah says snapping her fingers in my face to get my attention. I get sent back down to earth from my train of thought. All the pogues are surrounded by the fire eyeing me with confused looks.

"Oh sorry, zoned out" I say shaking my head trying to focus back into what Sarah is saying. I place my head on the palms of my hand while bringing all my attention to the group. They were talking about how some kook came over earlier to get a piss out of us.

"Probably friends with Topper" Pope says taking the last sip of his 10% alcohol beer that everyone gives him shit for drinking. I get it though, Pope comes from a amazing family and he just wants to make them proud, that's who he is. I feel JJ's eyes on me, I look up into his direction but he doesn't move, I notice he is just zoning out. I look down with disappointment. There is a moment of silence between the group as everyone zones off.

"Guys" Sarah says slapping her hands on her knees to get everyone's attention "This is so sad, it's a Saturday night and we're just sitting her miserable" She begins to stand up and sticks her hand out to lift John B up from the log. "Let's go out" she says. I smile at the idea of doing something else for a change. All the pogues get up from their seats and head to the twinkie where John B and Pope sit in the front. Me, JJ and Sarah roll into the twinkie. I sit opposite JJ, and my eyes watch as he combs his hands through his messy blonde hair, watch as his blue eyes shine as we drive past street lamps. I get a queasy feeling everytime I see him. I look away and outside the window. We drive onto the beach and notice the bonfire going on with lots of people. I look at Sarah and nod as she smiles in agreement.

"Jackpot" John B says, as he excitedly turns of the engine of the twinkie and jumps out the car. JJ opens the van door and lets Sarah get out first. I follow behind her and lock eyes with JJ as I get out. I smile at his presence and he gives me a confused but happy look. The pogues walk up to the bonfire as I walk behind with JJ.

JJ's POV:

We rock up to this crazy party on the beach. The 3 pogues walk infront as I stay back with Kie, I look around with the breeze swirling through my hair, almost strong enough to push me backwards.

"So.. excited her school to start back up" Kie says looking in my direction but then back to the party. I frown at the thought of school, it's bullshit and I get nothing from it.

"What do you think" I say and she chuckles.

"Yeah me neither" she says looking forwards. Her hands are swaying with her as she walks, I look at her with the wind blowing in her brown curly hair. I look back to the party and we arrived. Suddenly my hand cups perfectly into her hand, her fingers gliding past my palm, her soft skin brushing against mine. My stomach drops with the feeling of her touch. I quickly move my hand and look down to her. She is looking up to me, with a confused look on her face. She looks away and walks off to get a drink. I stand there drowning in my emotions. My stomach wont stop turning as I watch her walk off, her shorts fitting perfectly around her hips. Her hair flowing as she walks. I shake my head with disgust and I cringe at my self. I walk into the party and drink enough beers to wash away these feelings.

It's about an hour into the party and I've definitely had more drinks then I should have. I feel uneasy and stumble across the sand to get to John B and Sarah making out by the fire.

"Can we go" I say as my stomach does turns from all the alcohol. I can't stay at this party anymore, the music gets louder and pounds through my head. John B jumps up to his feet to help me stand. Sarah rushes off to find Pope and Kie. John B walks me over to the twinkie and places me on the floor of the van.

"How much have you had to drink" he says to me, I shrug with a small grin. He sighs and watches the 3 pogues walk up to the van. I close my eyes, and smile with the quietness. I feel movement through the twinkie as the engine turns on.

"Yo dude you good" pope says as he gets into the van, i ingore him and keep my eyes shut.

"Drank to much huh jayj" a soft voice says to me as John B starts driving. I sit up with the conforting sound of her voice. I open my eyes and give a light nod with a smile of her presence. No. I cringe at myself for feeling this ugre to be around Kiara. I hate this feeling. Why was I feeling like this? I close my eyes trying to get these thoughts out of my head.

Hey guyssss first chapter! pls give some ideas - hope you enjoyed it so far xx