Chapter 5

Blog post #2
9530 views
2000+ comments

Chapter 5

"Where have you been?" Pryce's voice startled me, making my heart jump. He always had this knack for showing up out of nowhere.

"Pota ka talaga! Do you always have to appear like a kabute?" I snapped, clutching my chest. Seriously, one of these days, he's going to give me a heart attack.

"You were gone for the entire—"

I didn't let him finish. "I was asleep in the clinic, avoiding all the drama and catching up on sleep. Happy now?" My tone dripped with sarcasm, hoping he'd drop it.

And he just dropped the subject, walking past me without a word.

I rolled my eyes, watching his broad back as he strode away. He towered over the other students in our section, even taller than Nate, the basketball player. If he weren't such a prick, I bet there would be a line of admirers tripping over themselves for him.

But he was Pryce. He pushed everyone away and made them feel embarrassed for even liking him.

I couldn't shake the memory of how he had rejected Lila.

Yep, Lila had a major crush on him, but Pryce shattered her heart without a second thought. What a heartbreaker!

We made it to the classroom just in time for Trigo class. Mr. Torres was our teacher, so I headed straight to my desk to grab some paper and a pen.

I heard that Amara and Maya were sent to early detention. Whose idea was that? I had no clue—I was half-asleep for most of the day, and the nurse only woke me up for lunch.

The whole class was silent, everyone focused on the quiz. But my head was buzzing, and I doubted I'd get a passing grade. I bit my lip, trying to make sense of the problems and answer them as if I possessed a genius-level brain for solving all these equations and whatever Trigo nonsense this was.

"Time's up!" Mr. Torres announced after thirty minutes. "Pass your papers!"

I frantically jotted down my final answer and slid my paper to the front, my heart racing. As I made my way back to my seat, the palpable tension in the classroom wrapped around me like a thick fog.

Whispers about what had gone down earlier and the shocking detention of Amara and Maya buzzed through the air, each murmur more tantalizing than the last. It felt like everyone was on the edge of their seats, eager to uncover the latest scoop between those two.

The excitement in the room was electric, with students practically vibrating at the thought of what might unfold next, especially if the blog dropped another update.

I glanced over to where Mr. Torres stood, arms crossed, clearly aware of the simmering chaos. The tension was thick enough to cut with a knife, and it seemed he was ready to address it head-on.

"Are you all enjoying yourselves?" he asked, a sharp edge to his voice.

Silence enveloped us, every head turning in his direction.

No one dared to speak; the room was frozen in anticipation.

Mr. Torres was not just any teacher—he was an eligible bachelor, a product of a wealthy family with the looks to match. It was no secret that many students had a crush on him, and I couldn't deny that he had the charm to captivate anyone who laid eyes on him.

He stood at the front, arms crossed, looking like he was ready to explode.

Mr. Torres had this mysterious allure that could easily make him the subject of many crushes among the students. With his affluent background and good looks, it was no surprise that he attracted attention, but right now, he seemed more like a brewing storm than the charming bachelor everyone adored.