Chapter 1

3rd person POV :

The city's darkness swallowed Evelyn whole, its shadows her only solace. She stood atop the rooftop, gaze fixed on the penthouse suite across the street. Her target, wealthy businessman Richard Langley, entertained his associates with champagne and laughter.

Evelyn's eyes narrowed, her mind calculating distances and wind resistance. Her fingers instinctively tightened around the rifle's grip.

"Confirming target acquisition," a low, gravelly voice crackled through her earpiece.

"Roger that, Nova," Evelyn replied, her voice steady. "I have the shot."

Nova, her trusted ally, fed her real-time intel from the penthouse's security feeds. "Three guards patrolling the perimeter. Two inside with Langley."

Evelyn's gaze never wavered. "I've got this, Nova."

Her hand was on the trigger waiting for the perfect time to shoot him. When she was going to press the trigger the guards surrounded the target as if they sensed something is going to happen. " Fuck. " She cursed under her breath.

" Evelyn, we don't have time. He will leave this party at 8 pm. After that , we can't do anything to him for 2 months. " Nova's voice asserted through the ear piece.

"Shit, we don't have time. I have to be fast or the bounty would go to The red hand. I am going to let that happen."  Thinking this Evelyn stood up from her position.

" We don't have any choice. I am going inside." Hearing Evelyn's words Nova protests against this idea. " Evelyn, this is too risky. The security increased and it's not easy to kill inside his own penthouse."

" Do we have any choice? And don't underestimate my skills Nova " saying this Evelyn took the ear piece off her ears. She was on a Hotel on opposite of the target's penthouse where the party is being held.

She put the rifle on the case. There was white bag sitting on the bed. " You have work coming." She said looking at the dress before taking the dress to change it in the bathroom.

" Evelyn, don't do anything reckless just finish him off. If it looks like you're going to get catch leave the place immediately." Nova advised through the earpiece as Evelyn reached the penthouse entrance.

" Invitation " one the guards asked her. She took out a small invitation card from her clutch. " Welcome , Miss Silverwood." He allowed her to the penthouse. Silverwoods are a famous business family in Italy. So he didn't dare to check her.

" Silverwood? You stole Aaron Silverwood's invitation?" Phoenix a fellow assassin who was silent through all this time spoke up to which Evelyn smirked. " FYI, I don't stole it."

" Yeah , sure." Nova taunted.

"Okay , I am going inside." Evelyn informed and took the earpiece off. She wore a dress of beautiful satin slip dress with a smooth, glossy finish. It features a light purple color and has thin spaghetti straps.  V neckline with a split on the side which reached her mid thigh . The dress fitted her like a second skin showing all her curves. She held a lilac coloured clutch on her hands.

As soon as she stepped inside almost everyone's eyes were on her. Eating her through their eyes and wanting her to decorate their bedroom like a rose. But they forget that roses have thrones.

Beauty is dangerous. And she is a walking beautiful danger.

She could feel the jealousy of the females and hungry eyes of the males including her target. This was a masquerade party. So they all wore masks which makes it easier to hide their identity.