Vol. 4, Issue #1

Wakeman Residence, Tremorton, PA

It was the first of October, a Saturday. Downstairs in the Wakeman household, Nora Wakeman had a record player spinning a vinyl of her favorite kind of music; swing jazz. While enjoying the music and reminiscing about a simpler time, the roboticist/physicist took her time, packing various lab equipment lying around. When all that she wanted was packed inside of a large tool kit, she attempted to pick it up.

Unfortunately, this caused Nora to crack her back.

"Ow! Ugh! Oooh, I've got to remember that I'm not a spring chicken anymore..." The scientist moaned, rubbing her back before popping it back into place. "Ah, much better."

The woman walked to her record player and took the need off of the vinyl, stopping the music.

"XJ-9!" Nora called out but got no response. "XJ-9, come down! We have to start packing, and I can't carry the luggage by myself!"

When she didn't get a response after two more calls, Nora sighed and muttered, "Teenagers... They have no respect, I swear..."

She marched upstairs and walked up to her creation's door, then announced, "Alright, I'm coming in!"

Opening the door, Nora was introduced to a pink and magenta-colored bedroom with a dresser, a circular bedroom big enough for a teenage girl to lay in, and several desks littered with devices such as cassettes, alarms, and items like books. At least six television monitors were hooked up on various corners of the walls. Next to the bed was a nightstand with a traditional sixties lamp.

Sitting on the bed seemed to be a petite fair-skinned teenage girl who looked at least sixteen years old with a staggering tall height of six feet and six inches. She had scarlet-colored hair tied into two large pigtails, hazel eyes, freckles on her face, and rosy cheeks. Currently, she wears a black shirt with Danny Phantom's logo on it, blue denim jeans, and socks on.

Nora, noticing this, then observed the wall and found posters of Phantom plastered next to her boy band posters, magazines with his face on the cover, and a flag with a logo hung up on the wall. This was when the inventor found what her enthusiastic creation had been glued to.

It was Danny Phantom, in a recording of him battling one of his many spectral enemies, which happened to be Skulker. One look into the girl's inspired eyes caused the older woman's heart to melt.

'...Oh, I can't be mad at her. It's only natural that a girl like her to yearn for a connection with a kindred spirit.' Nora thought.

The girl, weirdly named XJ-9, turned to her creator, only to jolt up and nearly hit the ceiling.

The girl turned to her creator and said, "Geez, Mom! You scared me!"

Nora placed her hands on her hips and said, "You wouldn't have been scared if you were paying attention, young lady."

"You were calling me?" XJ-9 inquired. "I had no idea."

"I was shouting from the basement for two minutes, XJ-9! Two. You should have heard that the first time I called you." Said Nora.

The girl furrowed her thin eyebrows, saying, "Mom, my name is Jenny."

Ignoring her creation's comment, Nora stated, "Could you just come downstairs? I'm having trouble packing equipment and I'll need extra hands with the luggage."

"...Luggage? Oh my gosh, it's October already!?" Jenny realized.

In a red blur, Jenny changed her attire by going through the closet and dresser, then raced downstairs, leaving her mother behind.