𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

ISHANVI

ISHANVI

I check my phone again. No text.

Did he really back out?

He cannot back out like this. I agreed to his condition, didn't I?

I made my way towards the indoor basketball court because when I asked Ahir, he told me I would find him there.

It's evening and the campus is almost empty with only a few people here and there.

He could’ve at least sent me the training schedule. Instead, he’s got me walking across campus, overthinking like crazy.

What if he changed his mind? What if I show up and he’s not there? Or worse…what if he is and—

I push the door of the court open and the sight I meet makes me pause.

He is in the middle of the court, casually taking shots with precise moments. His black t-shirt hangs loosely on his frame and those olive green cargo pants sit perfectly on his hips. His sleeve tattoo on his right arm is completely visible because of the short sleeves.

He’s not even breaking a sweat, just casually owning the space.

Focus, Ishanvi. You’re here for training, not to stare at Ivaan freaking Oberoi.

I walk towards him and clear my throat, “I won't let you back out if you're thinking about it. We had a deal.”

He stops, turning toward me and the moment his gorgeous grey eyes meet mine, my stomach does a flip flop.

His face morphs into that of..confusion. But why is he confused?

“What are you doing here? You didn't inform me beforehand.”

Is he seriously going to ask me that?

“I asked Ahir, he told me you'll be here and—”

“That fucker!” He curses under his breath and I frown, waving a hand in front of his face, “Oh helloo! Why are you cursing him? Anyways, if you’ve unblocked me, the least you could’ve done is text instead of making me wonder if you backed out.”

He shrugs and tosses the ball into the hoop without even looking. It goes in, obviously.

Show off.

“You begged me to be your coach, remember? You should’ve asked for the time. Or did you think I’d spoon-feed you that too?”

The audacity of this asshole.

“I didn’t beg. I asked. There is a difference and we had a deal. Also, I didn't call or text because I thought you'll block me again.” I blurt out the last sentence before I realise what I am saying. Embarrassment rushed through me immediately.

He walks toward me, his hands sliding into the pockets of his pants, “I wouldn't have unblocked you if I had to block you again. But I guess common sense is not that common.”