OO1.⠀ The Mix-Up

Ha Yoorin dragged her suitcase down the hall of her new apartment building, heart racing with excitement. Finally, she thought. Her very own place. No more annoying roommates. No more curfews. Just her and her cozy apartment. College was already looking bright.

She paused in front of the door with the big, shiny "302" on it, fumbling with the key before unlocking the door and stepping inside.

It was perfect.

Sunlight streamed through the large window, casting a warm glow on the wooden floor. There was a tiny kitchen in the corner, a comfy couch, and even a small desk where she could do her studying. Yoorin smiled as she spun around, taking in the space. It was exactly what she had dreamed of.

"This year is going to be amazing," she whispered to herself.

Just as she was about to start unpacking, the front door swung open.

Yoorin froze. Who could that be? Slowly, she turned around, her hand still on her suitcase handle.

In walked a boy.

He had short, dark hair that framed his annoyingly cute face, and the look of someone who had everything under control. Too much control, actually. His calm, slightly amused expression made Yoorin's frustration bubble up before she even knew what was going on.

"Uh... can I help you?" she asked, her voice sharper than she intended.

The boy raised an eyebrow, his gaze flicking between her and the apartment. "I think that's my line. What are you doing here?"

Yoorin crossed her arms. "This is my apartment."

The boy snorted. "I don't think so. It's mine."

For a second, neither of them said anything. Then, Yoorin reached into her pocket and held up her key. "Room 302," she said, pointing to the number.

The boy pulled out his key and flashed it at her. "Room 302," he repeated, an amused smirk appearing on his face.

Yoorin's heart dropped. "No way. This has to be a mistake."

He sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Yeah, definitely a mistake. But it looks like we're both here, and there's nothing we can do about it right now."

Yoorin opened her mouth to argue, but realized he was right. It was late, and sorting this out wasn't going to be easy tonight.

"Fine," she grumbled, crossing her arms. "But I'm taking the bedroom."

The boy—Jungwon, according to his backpack tag—chuckled softly. "Nice try, but I got here first. The bedroom's mine."

"What?!" Yoorin's jaw dropped. "You can't just claim it like that!"

Jungwon's eyes sparkled with amusement. "Pretty sure I just did."

Yoorin glared at him, her frustration bubbling up. "This is so unfair."

"Welcome to college," Jungwon said with a shrug, casually tossing his jacket onto the couch. He then shot her a smile, the kind that would make most people melt. But to Yoorin, it was just plain annoying.

"This is going to be a nightmare," she muttered under her breath, flopping down onto the couch with a sigh.

From the other side of the room, Jungwon chuckled softly. "You say something?"

Yoorin closed her eyes, groaning internally. "Nope. Nothing at all."