OO2.⠀ The First Night

The tension in the apartment was thick as the sun set, casting a golden glow over the room. Yoorin kept shooting Jungwon irritated glances as she unpacked her suitcase. Jungwon, of course, seemed completely unfazed by the situation, which only made her more frustrated. How could someone be so calm about this mess?

She could hear him humming as he unpacked his things in the bedroom—the bedroom that should've been hers. Yoorin gritted her teeth, trying to focus on neatly folding her clothes and organizing them in the tiny living room closet.

Finally, when the clock struck 9 PM, she gave up and flopped onto the couch, pulling out her phone to text her best friend, Sooyun.

Yoorin: You won't believe this.

Sooyun: What happened?
Omg did you meet someone cute?

Yoorin: Kinda?
But he's the worst.

Sooyun: WAIT. Spill.

Yoorin: There was a mix-up,
and now I'm stuck sharing my
apartment with some random
guy.

Sooyun: OMG WHAT?!??!
Tell me everything. Is he hot???

Yoorin: ...I mean, he's cute
but that's not the point!!

As she typed furiously, she heard footsteps coming from the bedroom. Jungwon strolled into the living room, looking way too relaxed for someone who had just stolen her dream of a private apartment.

"Done unpacking?" he asked, leaning against the kitchen counter.

Yoorin shot him a look. "Yeah, as much as I can with half the space."

Jungwon smirked. "You'll get used to it."

Her fingers clenched around her phone. "I didn't sign up for this, you know. I was supposed to live alone."

"Me too," Jungwon said, casually grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge. "But here we are. Guess we'll just have to figure it out."

Yoorin narrowed her eyes. His chill attitude was driving her crazy. Why wasn't he more upset about this? Didn't he want his own space too?

"How are you so calm about this?" she asked, finally voicing the question that had been bugging her.

Jungwon shrugged, taking a sip of water. "What's the point in freaking out? We'll call the landlord tomorrow and see if there's anything we can do. No use in stressing over it tonight."

Yoorin huffed, frustrated by his logic. Of course, he had to be the responsible type. "Still, you could show a little more... I don't know, concern?"

He grinned, the corners of his eyes crinkling in a way that made her heart skip for a second. "Would it make you feel better if I panicked?"

Yoorin's face flushed. "No," she muttered. "Just forget it."

Jungwon chuckled, his voice soft but teasing. "You're pretty cute when you're annoyed, you know that?"

Yoorin froze, her eyes widening. Did he just call me cute? She didn't know whether to be flattered or more annoyed.

"You... you're so annoying," she stammered, turning her face away so he couldn't see her blush.

Jungwon laughed again, clearly enjoying her reaction. "Guess you'll have to get used to that too."

She shot him a glare, but it was no use. He just smiled that annoyingly cute smile of his and wandered back to the bedroom, leaving her alone with her thoughts—and the rapidly growing realization that this was going to be much harder than she'd ever expected.

Yoorin let out a long sigh. This is going to be a long year.