OO8.⠀Study Session Mishaps

The quiet hum of the campus library was a welcome change from the chaos of the festival. Yoorin had spent the past few days trying to catch up on her studies, grateful for the peaceful atmosphere. She had managed to snag her favorite spot by the window, where she could spread out her notes and enjoy the sunlight streaming through the glass.

Just as she was getting into her flow, a familiar voice broke her concentration. "Yoorin!"

She looked up, and there was Jungwon again, making his way over to her table with a mischievous grin. He didn't seem to care about the library's quiet rule, speaking a little too loudly for the setting.

Yoorin sighed, already sensing where this was going. "What are you doing here, Jungwon?"

"I could ask you the same thing," he replied, sliding into the seat across from her. "But I'm guessing you're studying?"

"Obviously," Yoorin said, glancing at her open notebook. "Is there something you need?"

Jungwon shrugged, leaning back in his chair as if he had all the time in the world. "I thought we could study together. I'm behind on some of my readings, and you look like you've got it all figured out."

Yoorin narrowed her eyes. "You want me to help you, don't you?"

"Well, yeah," Jungwon admitted, not even trying to hide it. "But it's more fun studying with someone than alone, right?"

Yoorin couldn't argue with that. As much as she didn't want to admit it, having Jungwon around wasn't all that bad—when he wasn't being distracting, that is. She sighed, closing her textbook. "Fine. But you have to actually study. No distractions."

Jungwon nodded, holding up his hands in mock surrender. "I promise. No distractions."

Yoorin wasn't entirely convinced, but she decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. She handed him one of her notes, pointing to the section he needed to review. "Start here."

For a while, things were surprisingly quiet. Jungwon seemed focused on the material, flipping through the pages of his textbook while Yoorin returned to her own work. It was peaceful—until Jungwon decided to ask a question.

"Hey, Yoorin," he said, breaking the silence. "What's this part mean? I don't get it."

Yoorin looked up, leaning over to see what he was pointing at. It was a simple concept, one that she was pretty sure he could understand if he tried. "It's explaining the principle behind the theory. You just need to read it more carefully."

Jungwon frowned, scratching his head. "Yeah, but it's confusing."

Yoorin raised an eyebrow. "Confusing? It's literally a two-sentence explanation."

Jungwon gave her a sheepish grin. "Okay, maybe I just wanted you to explain it to me."

Yoorin rolled her eyes but couldn't help smiling. "You're hopeless."

"Hey, that's not true. I'm just—"

"Annoying and responsible?" Yoorin finished for him, smirking.

Jungwon laughed. "Exactly!"

Yoorin shook her head, feeling that strange warmth in her chest again. It was becoming harder to ignore these little moments between them. Maybe he was annoyingly cute, but that didn't mean anything... right?

They returned to studying, though Yoorin noticed Jungwon glancing at her every now and then. He didn't say anything, but there was a certain playfulness in his eyes that made her heart race just a little faster. She tried to focus on her notes, but her mind kept drifting back to him.

After a while, Jungwon leaned back in his chair, stretching his arms above his head. "Okay, I think I've done enough studying for today."

Yoorin checked the time and realized they'd been at it for over an hour. "I guess we've been here longer than I thought."

Jungwon grinned, gathering his things. "See? Studying with me wasn't so bad."

Yoorin gave him a playful shove. "You're lucky you didn't distract me too much."

Jungwon stood up, swinging his bag over his shoulder. "You wanna grab something to eat? I'm starving."

Yoorin hesitated for a moment. The idea of grabbing food with Jungwon felt... casual, almost like they were friends. Or maybe more than friends? She shook off the thought, not wanting to overthink things.

"Sure," she finally said. "But you're buying."

Jungwon laughed. "Deal."

As they left the library together, Yoorin couldn't help but feel like their relationship was shifting. She wasn't sure where things were headed, but something told her that Jungwon was going to be a bigger part of her life than she had originally planned.