Nothing left to fight for

"30 minutes until decontamination." Vi announced loudly.

Shane tells us to go get our stuff once more and we all start for the door when suddenly, a thick metal door locks us in. Just like in Val's dream. They are trapped. Jenner trapped them.

"Did you just lock us in?" Glenn asks Jenner, fear lacing his tone. "He just locked us in!" Glenn shouts.

Val freezes. When that countdown goes off, we're all going to die. He locked us in here to kill us.

Daryl runs up to Jenner to attack him and a few others pry him away. Jenner tells Rick something but all Val hears is her own mind telling her over and over again: You are going to die.

Everyone is shouting and arguing. Lori hugged Carl, Carol hugged Sophia, and Val stood alone, frozen, knowing her fate was set.

"Do you know what this place is? We protected the public from very nasty stuff! Weaponized smallpox! Ebola strains that can wipe out half the country! Stuff you don't want getting out! Ever!" Jenner shouted to us.

He looked around the room and sat back down. "In the event of a catastrophic power failure, in a terrorist attack for example, HIT's are deployed to prevent any organisms from getting out." Jenner explained, more calm this time.

HIT's. Val knew what those were. All she could do was stand there motionless as the robotic voice told them all what she already knew. They were explosives.

"It sets the air on fire. No pain. The end of sorrow and grief, regret, everything." Jenner said quietly.

It then hit Val. She didn't need to be scared. This was for the best. Just like she wanted, to not have to fight anymore. She's been running her whole life, she can finally stop and except her fate.

Daryl threw his bottle at the door and shouted "Open the damn door!"

"Out of my way!" Shane shouted as he ran at the door with an axe. Soon Daryl join him.

Val had slowly migrated to sit in a chair near Dale and the blonde lady, her knees to her chest, her eyes glossed over but her expression numb.

"-it would have been so much easier." Jenner said to Lori and Carol, sitting on the floor hugging their children.

"Easier for who?" Lori asked, venom in her voice.

"All of you. You know what's out there. A short brutal life and agonizing death." Jenner replied. Val looked at him. She agreed. This was what was best.

Jenner began speaking to the blonde lady about her sister. Rick began shouting at Jenner.

"I don't want this!" Rick said harshly.

"Can't make a dent." Shane remarked, out of breath.

"Those doors are designed to withstand a rocked launcher." Jenner said.

"Your head aint!" Daryl shouted and ran towards Jenner with an axe, only to be held back once more, people bumping into Val's chair. She stood up quickly and sat down next to the blonde woman.

Jenner made a remark that Rick had said something, causing arguing to ensue. Val was too lost in her thoughts to pay it any mind.

"What part of everything's gone do you not understand?" said the girl next to Val.

"There's nothing left to fight for." Val said, never breaking her stare in front of her.

"See! Even the little girl gets it. This is what takes us down. This is our extinction event." Jenner explains.

Carol cries. "This isn't right. You can't just keep us here!" she exclaimed.

"One tiny moment, a millisecond, no pain." Jenner tries to explain.