Chapter 2

– Hey, hey! You can't go in there! – said the day guard, quickly approaching a boy.
  – Oh. Why? – asked the boy, letting his Latino accent shine through.
  – Only employees are allowed in here, now go back to your parents – the man straightened his posture and positioned himself in front of the door to the room, as if to stop the boy from passing.
  – But my friend went there, why can't I too?
  – Please, child! No one has ever entered this room, it has been closed forever. Honestly, I have never even seen the owners enter it.
  – Urgh, que merda...

  The boy, now displeased, walked back to his desk. He sat down in a chair and kept tapping his nails on the table, grumbling.

  – Hey, uncle Matt.
  – Say it, Gabriel – replied the boy's uncle, distracted by his cell phone.
  – When's the pizza getting here?
  – It really is taking a while – Matthew got up. – I'm just going to the bathroom, do not leave this table – his tone of voice quickly changed to a more serious one.

  As soon as he walked away, Gabriel snorted in discontent. The only interesting thing to do in that pizzeria was probably to go into the room from before. Or at least that's what Gabe thought.
  Within a few seconds, Spring Bonnie appeared in front of him, making the boy direct all of his attention to the big golden rabbit.

  – ...Who the fuck are you?
  – Spring Bonnie, pleasure to meet you! – the elder reached out his hand to shake, but the younger man did not reciprocate. – Well... – he put his hand back in place and spoke again – why are you so bothered, even in a place like this?
  – It's nothing. It's just because of that guard who doesn't let me go in that room. Hey... – he continued talking, but when it dawned on him, he stopped moving his hand, straightened his posture and looked directly at Spring Bonnie, slowly smiling enthusiastically – you can help me get into the room!
  – I don't know. What if someone finds out? – the rabbit spoke, but his tone of voice made it clear that he wanted to take Gabriel to the room.
  – No one will find out! Come on, Spring Bonnie! Please!
  – Hm... Okay, you convinced me. Follow me, please.
  – Yes! – he quickly got up and followed the mascot.

  Within a few seconds, the two arrived in front of the door. Spring Bonnie placed his hand on the boy's back and pushed him lightly so that he stood in front of him, then opened the door and entered.
  The moment he entered the room, Gabriel felt goosebumps. It was as if he couldn't keep his eyes fixated on a single thing, his vision was shaking. The room was completely stained with blood, there were some loose papers that were also soaked in the red liquid, and most importantly: a body on the floor, leaning against a dark corner of the wall, clearly dragged there, given the trail of blood that ran from the middle of the room to the corpse's current position.
  The boy gathered the courage to approach the person, then removed the strands of hair covering their face and soon realized who they were.

  – ...Susie? – he whispered.

  Gabriel jumped in fright when he heard the door close loudly. Before he could turn around, he felt two cold hands touch his shoulders, and he shivered even more at the dreary voice that whispered.

  – Curiosity killed the cat...

  The boy was completely paralyzed. Fear had already taken over his body and he didn't know what to do, because anything he did would be the cause to a death similar to that of his friend.
  Gabriel felt the presence move away, so he turned his back and saw the man still in the rabbit costume, but without his gloves, picking up a knife from one of the low shelves.

  – It was you... – he spoke, finally noticing some faint, tiny blood stains on the costume's stomach.

  Still in disbelief, the boy backed away, but it didn't do much good, since he was already in the corner of the room. Having nowhere else to run, the man in the costume kept getting closer and closer.
  The two were millimeters away from each other, with the adult pointing the knife at the boy's neck, ready to kill him.

  – Why u-us? – he asked, finally managing to get something out of his mouth. His tone of voice was light, but the end of his sentence seemed to falter as he began to cry. He just couldn't scream for help.
  – Shh...

  Gabriel's vision began to darken as he felt the metal tear the skin of his neck. He made an effort to keep his eyes open and call for help, but he had already lost too much blood to even try.
  The boy began to fall slowly, feeling the blood running down his body and soaking his clothes. He looked to one side and saw a blurry version of his killer, then looked to the other and saw his friend, his last act being to hold one of her hands.

  It was the evening of the same day. Gabriel opened his eyes, soon realizing that he was on the main stage of the pizzeria. He saw his large, heavy, brown hands and recognized that he was inside Freddy Fazbear.
  The boy tried to understand what happened. Why he was "alive" when he was brutally murdered, why he was in the main attraction's point of view, among many other things. He turned to his right and saw Bonnie standing there, then he turned to his left and saw Chica, but she was sitting on the edge of the stage, her head down.

  – Hello? – Gabriel spoke, trying to figure something out, but not knowing exactly what.
  – Hm? – the chicken looked back and saw Freddy, then she stood still, staring at him. – ...Who are you?
  – I-I'm Gabriel – replied the boy inside the bear, speaking nervously as he approached.

  Susie, inside Chica, opened her eyes wider and approached Gabriel's robot, hugging him. The boy was surprised and found the situation to be stranger than before.

  – It's me, Susie! – she let go of the robot after presenting herself.
  – Susie... – the boy soon fell silent, remembering the scene he saw. He felt like he was going to cry, but he couldn't, so he just hugged her again, tighter than she could – I missed you.

  The two held the hug for long minutes. They might not know if all of this was real, but they knew they had each other.