CHAPTER NINE

"No absolutely not"

Nanon's mother stated, looking back at his son.

"It's my money"

"That I am in charge of"

Silence. 

"And I don't appreciate you coming to me only when you need help but ignoring me all the while"

Nanon breathed hard. 

"You make it hard for me to talk to you"

"Oh why? Because I'm opinionated and you don't like it"

"You pin point everything in my life and I'm sick of it"

"I want you to have a better life"

"I can't live my life on your terms, mother. I can't. I won't"

His mother was about to speak up but held back.

It's not like his relationship with his mother was bad. In fact, the two of them had a very good relationship, it was just that his mother had a habit of always wanting him to do things his way and sometimes he got tired of it.

Nanon let out a breath. 

“I didn't come here to fight with you”

He said calmly. 

"How much are we talking about?"

“Five million?"

“Five….million…..?"

"He will return it"

"You did not work your butt off ever since you were a child….you did not push yourself beyond your limits….and you did not spend those hours behind camera to earn all that money just for someone to come and use it up on baseless things"

"Ohm is not just someone. He's my boyfriend. My fiance. My soon to be husband. I'm getting married to him"

He saw his mother roll his eyes.

"And his business is not baseless, it's -......"

"Clubs. He owns clubs. I'm very much well aware of that son"

His mother wasn't happy with the type of business Ohm did and she made sure to remind Nanon all the time. 

She would line up all the reasons for her disdain and she could not be bothered by any justifiable reason Nanon gave.

"I know you find them disgusting, but it is a good business. They generate a lot of money."

"Yeah while in the process, destroying other people's lives and making them become addicts to god knows what"

"You really are trying so hard to dislike him"

Nanon commented. 

His mother shrugged.

Just like Ohm's mother wasn't very fond of their relationship, so was Nanon's mother. But not because he was in a relationship with a man or Ohm. 

But because Ohm's mother was the sole reason. If his mother didn't approve of Nanon nor their relationship, then why was Nanon's mother expected to approve Ohm. 

Her sole reason for disliking his relationship to Ohm was because of Ohm's mother and she had made that evidently clear to him.

"Anyway, why are you even helping out Goya's son after all those vile things she said to you about influencing his son to like men? Shouldn't she be the one helping her son out instead of my son?"

Both of the mothers went from being friends to being enemies. But mostly on Nanon's side, his mother's behaviour was because of how Ohm's mother was treating him.