Our first adventure

Out in the forest near the mountains, a woman with long brown hair that is tied in a ponytail and a boy with short black hair is found walking through the forest. She silently cursed at her situation as she tried to find the man Komatsu was told to make a request to.

Once they found the clearing, a man with blue hair wearing an orange shirt and navy shorts was sitting on a rock fishing using a gigantic bug as bait. Looking closer, Stacy could see that he had three scars on the side of his face.

I nudged Komatsu to step forward, and he straightened up.

"U-Um, my name is Komatsu. I've come to offer you a job as a Bishokuya. " He managed to say, "The International Gourmet Organization, or IGO, is having a gourmet party. They would like you to provide the ingredients for the meal that will be cooked at the party."

Komatsu started to fidget as the man hadn’t even acknowledged they're presence, "are you listening?"

That was when the giant bug that was dangling from the fishing line was pulled underwater. "Toriko-san?" He then saw that the fishing pole was moving. The man gave a grin.

"Here it is!" the man known as Toriko yelled as he yanked back his fishing rod, pulling out a gigantic fish with lobster arms, amazing his audience, then a brightly colored bird swooped in and grabbed the fish.

“Hey, that's my prey!" the man yelled and then pulled his fishing rod down, forcing both of the animals to hit the ground, causing a dust cloud. Once the dust cleared, Toriko walked closer to the fallen animals.

"And I got a Five-Tailed Great Eagle right along with it! Guess this is what they mean by 'killing two birds with one stone!'" he joked.

A Crawdad-Fish and a Five-Tailed Great Eagle I've never actually seen them caught before! I'm awestruck! This man is truly amazing, Komatsu thought as he saw the animals.

"Toriko-san, I'm sure that the Galala Crocodile can be caught if you're on the job!" he exclaimed, getting the said man's attention.

"What? The Galala Crocodile?"

"Yes! Besides being really difficult to find, its biology is a mystery. They say that even with a tank, it's hard to bring one down. It's a ferocious creature." Komatsu replied as he thought about the horrifying facts of the creature.

"That's a top-class ingredient. Just one piece is worth 100,000 yen. It's marbled throughout with fat and tastes like deliciously tender high-grade king crab meat combined with A5 grade top-quality wagyu beef! The Galala Crocodile... it's irresistible!" he exclaimed with drool dripping down his chin.

"Does that mean?" Komatsu asked with hope.

"Let's head out!" Toriko exclaimed

(Time Skip)

"Full speed ahead!"

"Sorry to bother you, Tomu. By the way, why're you coming too?" Toriko asked while eating a fish. Komatsu was sitting on his knees wearing a khaki shirt and pants; he also brought his backpack and a carrying case.

"I was told by my superiors to research the biology and behavior of the Galala Crocodile," he answered as Stacy pulled her hair into a ponytail.

"I'm coming for the adventure and maybe eat?" I replied. As Toriko was looking at me up and down, I was wearing black leggings again, but a black shirt with a white cat design going down the side.

"Are you a chef?" Toriko asked

"Huh? How'd you know? I mean, it is true that I have been given the position of head cook at "Hotel Gourmet", but…"