Chapter 60: Babymoon

Three months later, Fatima and Zac were enjoying a peaceful vacation at Lake Como, Italy, a luxurious retreat before the arrival of their twins. The villa was an elegant masterpiece, reminiscent of something you'd find on Pinterest, with arched windows and ivy-covered walls that overlooked the glistening pool. Beyond, the serene lake stretched out toward the majestic mountains, their green slopes meeting the sky under a soft blanket of clouds.

Fatima reclined comfortably on a chaise lounge by the pool, her Yves Saint Laurent shades perched stylishly on her nose, blocking out the midday sun. The soft shade from her umbrella kept her cool, while the gentle breeze off the lake brought a touch of fresh mountain air. She gently rubbed her growing belly, now seven months along, as she sipped on a chilled orange juice from a champagne glass. A bowl of fresh fruits—pineapple, apricots, and slices of mango—rested on her lap. The sunlight glistened on the water, creating shimmering reflections that danced across the surface.

"How are my girls doing?" Zac's voice broke the quiet as he approached, a playful smile on his lips.

Fatima's face lit up at his presence. "We're lovely," she replied, a grin spreading as she looked up at him. Zac leaned down, kissing her gently on the lips.

"I'm glad." he said, pulling off his Gucci shades and sitting down beside her on the next lounge chair. He took in the villa, the pool, the view—everything about this place screamed luxury. "This is gorgeous," he added, sounding almost in awe.

Fatima chuckled softly. "Perks of knocking up a billionaire," she teased.

Zac burst out laughing. "I wonder what the perks will be like once I marry you." he said, making Fatima smile. "You know I love you, right?"

"I know," Fatima said, her tone softening. She leaned back, feeling a sense of calm wash over her. These past few months had been a whirlwind—preparing for the babies, dealing with business and personal challenges. This babymoon was exactly what they needed.

Zac stretched out, letting the sun hit his face for a moment before turning toward her again. "I still can't believe we're having twins. It's like we hit the jackpot."

Fatima laughed. "It's double the work, too. Are you ready for sleepless nights?"

"I'm ready for anything as long as it's with you," he said, his voice dropping into a more serious tone. He placed a hand on her belly, feeling one of the babies move. "I think she just kicked," he said, his face lighting up.

Fatima nodded, smiling softly. "They're active today. Especially after all this fruit."

Zac's eyes twinkled with excitement. "That's my girls—strong and healthy."

He glanced out at the water again, then back at her. "You know, this place... it's perfect. It's like we're in our own little world."

Fatima sighed contentedly. "Exactly what we needed before life gets even crazier."

Zac leaned back, propping himself up on his elbows as he looked toward the sky. "You ever think about what the girls will be like?"

Fatima tilted her head in thought. "I think about it all the time. I hope they'll be strong, independent, maybe with a bit of my stubbornness but a lot of my smarts."

Zac laughed. "Hey, I'm smart!"

Fatima raised an eyebrow. "You are, but we both know who's running this show."

He grinned. "True. But they'll be a good mix of both of us, I think."

Fatima smiled warmly at that. "I hope so. I want them to know love, to feel safe... and to never doubt that we'll always be there for them."