2

February 04, 2003

Dear Mr. Brave-Soldier,

It's been weeks since I wrote to you that I thought I sent the journal to the wrong address, so I'm really glad after I received your letter.

Unfortunately, I didn't see any of your IDs. Pearl Harris was the name of the woman who left your journal in the hotel. She's a well-known Hollywood supermodel and she's really beautiful in person, you can search for her in any magazine and newspaper.

As for the journal's password, it was already unlocked when Pearl handed it to me and asked me to throw it away. She didn't tell me her reason. By coincidence, I heard her talking on the phone with someone about the journal she stole and heard her speak of your name. After I realized that the journal had been stolen, I decided to not throw it and sent it back to you.

I don't want to request anything extravagant in return but can you help me with my school project? You see, in my literature class yesterday, we were asked to write a letter to a relative or friend who was living in a different country or state, as long as they were outside of Caponia., and in return, request a one-time reply.

However, I am an orphan. My mother died in a landslide when I was 12. Then my father had a heart attack two years later. I don't know and don't remember if I have any living relatives who are still alive, as I vaguely remember the memories I have of my childhood. Since that is the case, my professor told me to mail to any random address I found in the landline directory. He believed that having a big social connection is very important to get ahead in life which I also believed to be true so long as I chose the right friends. With your kindness and patience, evident by your poetry, I trust that you're a nice person.

Instead of searching the directory again, I'm requesting you this one favor. I hope we can become a good friend for a long time. Please, please, please, send me a new letter because we are required to include the following questions for class reading, like; What was your childhood like in Brish Com? Your age? Your hobbies? Your parents and siblings? Your hometown? The woman you longed for so much in your poetry. How did you two met? What it was like to work in the field as a soldier? Have you been to any war? What are your most unforgettable memories in the army?

You can write me anything you're comfortable sharing with the class. You can also ask me whatever you want to know about me. Please, even just one letter. After that, I will not bother you anymore if you don't want to keep in touch.

I hope to receive your reply before February 13, 2004. The reading will be on the 14th.

Thank you in advance!

Your friend,

- M

______________________________________

February 5, 2004

Dear Mr. Al Watts,

I'm sorry for asking so, many questions in my previous letter. Please remember that you don't have to elaborate about your life. If you're uncomfortable telling me about you, short and general information that you're comfortable sharing with us will do.

Also, I felt that it was unfair to ask about your private life without sharing some information about myself, so, for a start, I have been living in Angel's Foster Home in Quensley, for 6 months now. It's a small rural town, North of Caponia. I just turned 15 last year on December 31st. But I was 14 when Lily Winfrey- the director of Angel's Home found me lying unconscious on the river bank near the orphanage. And since I couldn't remember my full name other than the first, as well as my parent's name and home address, she registered me under her surname.