Chapter 12: Birthday Cake

TIME SKIP TO THE 25TH

Today was Minho's birthday. I was really excited for it because he'd been such a great friend since we met, not to mention his good looks. He could also cook, loved animals. He was the whole package. Of course he deserved something.

I wanted to go to a nice store to buy him a gift, so I quickly got ready to go out to the mall. 

"Hana-yah. It's a weekend. What's the rush?" My mother asks me as I approach the living room.

"It's Minho's birthday. I want to buy him something." I say to my mother.

"Okay. Take this money," she says, handing me 5000 won, "buy him something nice. Be back at 10." I thank her and walk out of the door, wandering off to the mall.

I noticed a black car following my path as I was walking, coming the same pace as me. I walked faster, not knowing the context of why it kept following me. Then my phone rang.

"Hello?"

"Get in my car, gosh. I've been following you for five minutes and just for your information, Hana, you will never get to your destination walking at that speed. You walk so slow." Bang Chan teases me, I stop walking, waiting for him to pull up. 

Once he does, I open his car door and get in.

"Where did you come from?" I ask him and he chuckles.

"I was heading to the mall. We're surprising Minho at 6. I figured you were coming too." He explains and I nod. 

"What did you think, someone was following you?" He chuckles again. "Hana, there are lots of people you can run into if that ends up happening. I can help you if that ever happens. Don't worry so much."

"I'm sorry, Chan. I'm just a bit too paranoid for my own liking sometimes." I sigh.

"First we have to get Hyunjin and Yeji from their house then we'll head off, okay?" 

"Hyunjin and who?" I say, confused.

"Oh, you don't know Yeji?" He asks me and I shake my head. "She's Hyunjin's sister. She'll be joining our school next week. I'm sure Felix said something about her being in all his classes."

"Oh? That means-"

"Yeah. Don't worry. She's really nice. You'll both get along just fine. She's no demon, I promise." Bang Chan says, starting to drive the car. 

We reach Hyunjin's house and it was as grand as Minho's and Felix's house. It was in a very rich area.

"Big place huh?" Bang Chan says and I nod. "To live here here would be a dream."

"Where do you live Chan?" I ask him jokingly.

"Oh yeah? You want to come over?" He asks me, teasing me back again.

"Would you want me to?"

"Of course, everyone is welcome. What day were you thinking?" He asks me, now serious.

"I mean, maybe a Sunday would be nice." I say, hesitant.

"Ah a Sunday. Sundays are my comfort days. How did you know?" Chan says, checking his calendar. "Tomorrow it is." 

He takes out his phone to call Hyunjin who picks up almost immediately.

"Hyung, I'm sorry. Yeji over here is taking her sweet damn time with her makeup." Hyunjin says, annoyed.

"It's okay. We'll wait." Bang Chan replies.

"Who's we? You got a girl or something? You finally pulled a-"