1

Kierra sat on the plush couch, her legs tucked under her as she sipped on a cup of tea. Her daughter, Khloe Drew, was napping in the next room, and the house felt peaceful. Across from her, Shamika, her best friend, was perched on the edge of the armchair, scrolling through her phone.

"Girl, I just don't know if I'm ready to even think about dating again," Kierra said, setting her cup down on the coffee table. "I mean, after Khloe's dad and everything...I'm really done with men. I'm grateful I had Khloe Drew, don't get me wrong, but I don't want to go through all of that again."

Shamika glanced up, raising an eyebrow. "Done with men, huh? I hear you. But what about...other options?"

Kierra blinked, caught off guard. "Other options? Like who?"

Shamika laughed, leaning forward with a teasing grin. "You remember your girlfriend from college, right?"

Kierra couldn't help but laugh too. "Girl, yes, I remember! The real question is, how do you remember?"

"Please. I remember everything," Shamika shot back, flipping her hair dramatically.

Kierra shook her head, still chuckling. "You're something else. But for real, I haven't had any luck with dating lately. Men, women...it's just not happening for me. It's like no matter who I try to connect with, it just doesn't click."

Shamika pursed her lips thoughtfully. "Maybe it's not about luck. Maybe you need a little push in the right direction."

Kierra raised an eyebrow. "A push?"

Shamika's eyes sparkled mischievously. "I'm gonna find you a date."

Kierra's jaw dropped slightly, then she burst out laughing again. "Oh, you are?"

"Yep," Shamika nodded confidently. "You need someone who actually gets you. I'm on it."

Kierra sighed but couldn't fight the small smile creeping across her face. "Okay, fine. I'm trusting you with this. But if it's a disaster, I'm blaming you."

Shamika waved a hand dismissively. "Trust me, I got you, sis."

Kierra's smile lingered as she glanced out the window, wondering what on earth Shamika was about to get her into.

Danielle stretched her arms as she sat on the edge of her bed, staring at the tv. The day had been long, but the conversations with her best friend, Taraji, always left her feeling grounded. Taraji stood leaning against the doorframe, arms crossed, watching Danielle with an amused expression.

"You're still thinking about her, aren't you?" Taraji asked.

Danielle blinked, shaking herself from her thoughts. "Who?"

"Don't play dumb, Dee," Taraji said, laughing softly. "You know exactly who I'm talking about. Kierra Sheard."

Danielle's cheeks flushed. "Come on, Taraji. It was just a crush. She doesn't even know I exist."

Taraji raised an eyebrow. "Yet. She doesn't know yet. But that could change."

Danielle laughed, running her fingers through her hair. "It's been years. I've moved on...kind of. Besides, I'm not really looking for anything serious right now."

"Uh-huh," Taraji said, unconvinced. "But I think I might know someone who could change that. You can't stay in limbo forever, Dee."

Danielle shot her a suspicious look. "What are you up to?"

Taraji gave her an innocent smile. "I'm just saying, maybe it's time you gave dating another shot. I happen to know someone who's amazing, and I think you two would be a perfect match."