4

Kierra couldn't remember the last time she was this excited for someone to come over. She had spent the morning making sure everything was perfect—cleaning up Khloe's toys, straightening the pillows on the couch, and even preparing some snacks. It was her first time having Danielle and Freeya over, and she wanted it to be just right.

Khloe, now a little more mobile, was crawling around happily on the living room floor, babbling to herself. Every so often, Kierra would look down at her daughter, and the excitement about the day would grow even more.

Finally, there was a knock at the door.

"Looks like they're here, Khloe!" Kierra scooped up her daughter, making her way to the door with a big smile. When she opened it, Danielle stood on the other side, Freeya holding onto her hand.

"Hey!" Kierra greeted, feeling her heart skip a beat just seeing Danielle. She looked effortlessly beautiful, dressed casually but still managing to take Kierra's breath away.

"Hey," Danielle smiled, her eyes lighting up as she looked at Kierra and then at Khloe in her arms. "Ready for a little girl time?"

"Always," Kierra laughed, stepping aside to let them in. "Come on in. Make yourselves at home."

Danielle and Freeya stepped inside, and Freeya wasted no time making her way over to Khloe, who was already wriggling to get down and join her friend. The two girls immediately started playing with toys on the living room floor, their laughter filling the space.

"Looks like they're happy to see each other," Danielle said, watching the girls with a soft smile.

"They're like besties already," Kierra agreed, her gaze shifting to Danielle. "Want to grab a spot on the couch?"

"Sure," Danielle said, following Kierra to the couch. They sat down, both feeling the comfortable warmth that had been growing between them over the last few weeks.

They settled onto the couch, close enough that Kierra could feel the warmth of Danielle's body next to hers. The familiarity between them was easy and light, something that had grown steadily since their first date.

As the latest episode of House Hunters played on the screen, Kierra felt Danielle's gaze shift toward her. She glanced over, catching her staring in that quiet, thoughtful way she always did.

"What?" Kierra teased, nudging her lightly with her elbow. "Caught you staring again."

Danielle chuckled, not even bothering to look away. "What can I say? You're kind of hard to take my eyes off of."

Kierra felt a soft warmth rise in her cheeks, though she played it off with a laugh. "You're lucky I like you," she joked, leaning back against the couch. "Otherwise, you'd be in trouble for distracting me during my shows."

"I'll take that," Danielle said with a grin, her eyes never leaving Kierra's.

They sat in comfortable silence for a few moments, watching the show, but Kierra could feel the anticipation building between them. Every glance, every shared smile, seemed to bring them closer to a moment they hadn't yet crossed.

Finally, Kierra turned to face Danielle more fully, feeling her heart race in her chest. Danielle met her gaze, her expression soft and inviting. Neither of them needed to say a word; the connection was palpable.

Before she could overthink it, Kierra leaned in, and Danielle did the same. Their lips met in a soft, slow kiss that was everything Kierra had hoped for—sweet, warm, and filled with a tenderness that made her feel like they were exactly where they were meant to be.

When they finally pulled away, both of them were smiling, their foreheads resting against each other's.

"That was... perfect," Kierra whispered, her voice barely above a breath.