Chapter 1: Assembling a New Party

After Saitori ended Maika's reign, Mivangeline found the rest of Shien's friends from Syanic Earth in Choro Emplexion. Naivern, Ritom, Enshiron, and Elysia hugged each other after the dreadful battle with Emphynixyion. They reunited with their families and friends in real life, including Master Oreic. An overjoyed Dorian, Nashura, and Calice were eager to celebrate and party with their long-lost friends until they heard the dire news of Shien's capture, leaving them in tears. Nothing was the same without the bouncy bird nerd martial artist who gets mad when called short.

As the UICA finished repairing the ruins of Choro Emplexion, Mivangeline paced in the hallway in thought. The soldiers saluted when they passed by, acknowledging her status as Commander and congratulating her for her duty in the Syanic Earth. Mivangeline saluted back, not used to the respect.

"Ah, still out here, Commander?" Enshiron held two cups of tea. "Nash-style tea?"

"Sure, thanks," She took a cup.

The two leaned on the wall together in silence as they drank.

"You seem to be deep in thought, Mivangeline."

"True, I'm thinking of a way to save Shien."

"Oh?" Enshiron's Vulpi ears twitched. "I mean, we all do. It's just the question is, how?"

"I was thinking, if we had a party in the Syanic Earth, why don't we make our squad here too?"

The Vulpi boy took time to think. "Interesting idea, but my concern is that we're not soldiers or heroes in real life. We don't have the OP abilities we had in the game."

"But you all still have talents here, right? Like your sniper violin skill and wind Vultau art."

"True. Elysia, Nash, Calice, and I are the most battle-experienced. Elysia's got her Waxing Sickle gear, Nash is a medic and swordswoman, and Calice is a social worker with lightning powers from Hernamidos' experiment."

"Yeah! I'm sorry it's weird, but I couldn't stop thinking about it."

"Don't be!" Enshiron cleared his throat. "Now, if you got a plan to find Shien, by all means, I'm in. I'm just worried about Ritom, Naivern, and Dorian. They're not fighters here compared to the Syanic Earth."

"Oh, right. I didn't think about that carefully."

After Enshiron finished his tea, he snapped his finger. "Maybe they don't need to fight."

"What do you mean?"

"Those three have other talents in real life. I think they can help with what they're good at!"

"Good thinking. Dorian made the antivirus against the Eclipser Virus and hacked the Samsara Crinoid. She's our hacker and computer expert, but what about Ritom and Naivern?"

"Ritom is a mechanic, and Naivern is a DJ."

Mivangeline scratched her head. "I'm so used to Ritom being an incendiary tank and Naivern as a stat buffer. I need to think differently in real life."

"Ah, yes. We miss those old roles back then. But Mivangeline, I saw how you worked with different party members in the Syanic Earth. I trust you."

"Thanks, Enshiron," Mivangeline held his shoulder. "I miss Shien. I want him back."

"Ditto. We all do. Shien means everything to us, and he made our group possible. He saved me from those bullies, and I want to help you rescue him."

Mivangeline nodded. "Alright, but I must ask General Saitori for permission to make our party for the mission."

She and Enshiron headed into the medical bay where they thought Saitori was resting after her close battle with Maika. They spotted Master Oreic meditating on a bed with legs crossed.