The Sinister Six

I own nothing from Spider-Man, Marvel, or any of the images used

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~24 Hours Later~

The island of Manhattan was declared a quarantine zone, and anyone trying to get in or out was prohibited. Hundreds of thousands of people were infected, and with all the escaped inmates from Ryker's and Tartarus loose in the city; New York was in chaos!

Thankfully, our heroes, they're friends and families managed to avoid infection. Even so...it seemed that New York was in its darkest hour.

May, Desiree, and Miles helped some of the sick people at F.E.A.S.T., but they kept running out of supplies.

Peter was still recovering at home while Michelle and Ned looked after him.

"This is Betty Brant with a Daily Globe special report on the bio-terror attack," Betty's voice came from the TV in Peter and MJ's apartment. "As of this hour, the number of infected civilians is approaching half a million. There is still no update from the NDC on the timetable for an antiserum, but they are working around the clock on a cure for this deadly disease... The city-wide quarantine is being heavily enforced by Sable International, who maintain tight security over all transit points. Throughout the city, police and Sable agents continue to battle with Ryker's and Tartarus escapees. Meanwhile, Mayor Osborn has gone on record blaming Spider-Man for the prison break and city-wide sickness, labeling him a fugitive..."

"You lying piece of shit...!" MJ cursed.

"But he has yet to provide evidence, and many believe the mayor is just deflecting blame, since an exclusive by the Globe revealed that this disease originated in a secret, unregulated Oscorp laboratory here in Manhattan. Mayor Osborn insists that Oscorp is working with the NDC on an antiserum..."

Norman, himself had been listening to the report and demanded his assistant turn it off; most likely cause he couldn't stand hearing the truth.

Peter tried to get up, wincing a bit, but MJ stopped him.

"Whoa, take it easy."

"Dude, you still have at least eight broken bones," Ned pointed out.

"Which means I have one hundred and ninety-eight 'non' broken ones," Peter commented. "Besides, Ava, Kate and the others need my help."

White Tiger and Kate Bishop were the only members of the Team in New York, along with Luke Cage and Iron Fist. Truly, this was a dark time for the people of New York. If nothing was done soon, many more innocent people could die...including Peter's loved ones. He had already been through enough after losing his parents, Uncle Ben and Tony. He didn't need anything to happen to MJ, May, and Anya, as well.

"By the way, I've already said on social media," Ned started. "Dr. Octavius with four extra limbs has been dubbed, "Doctor Octopus" or "Doc Ock", and the team he's formed with the other five are "The Sinister Six"."

"You and your villain names," MJ deadpanned, though she did like them.

Once Peter was fully up, he went to grab his suit, but...

"Peter, I'm afraid your suit suffered significant damage from the Sinister Six's attack on you," Karen informed him. "It will need repairs before it can be used again."

"Ah, damn, it's that bad?" Peter asked.

"Unfortunately," The trusty AI answered.