04|

Thank you for choosing to read my book❤‍🩹

ּ ֶָ֢.𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪.ֶָ֢

Dressed in a light Lavander silk saree, the intricate fabric draped elegantly around her, Tarangini stood before the mirror. A veil of white dupatta framed her face, and figure down back, casting a delicate shadow over her features. Her makeup artists gushed over her beauty, each compliment a bittersweet echo in the room. They saw a radiant bride, adorned with glittering bridal jewelry that transformed her into a goddess, they were simple but beautiful and real at that.

It's not every day you see a bride looking simply breathtaking, with just the simplest jewelry, her flawless skin giving away the happy brde illusion as she was shining under the light of dressing table. she was looking at herself in the mirror, unblinkingly. But her staring contest broke when her head makeup artist Saniya put a comforting hand on her shoulder making her sit on the stool.

Looking up in the mirror to the smiling faces, Tarangini realized she have to mask her sadness away with smile, yet beneath her polite smile hiding away the pain in her soul and sadness in her eyes she was failing.

Miserably.

Failing no one.

But herself.

How was she trying to fool? Her sisters? One not believing her and other one emotional and happy for her big sister's marriage. A happily ever after as she named it. Or love marriage, she lied about.

She was failing herself.

As they fussed over her, oblivious to the turmoil swirling in her heart, Tarangini's gaze remained fixed on her reflection. The makeup team interpreted her misty eyes as the emotional turmoil brides often feel on their wedding day, but they couldn't fathom the true weight of her despair. Cause the team of make-up artist thought she is just emotional on her big day possible. it was normal for them to see the sadness shining in the bride's eyes or the family member's, what they didn't know or sometimes ignored the fact that maybe the bride was really deeply fucked up or even hated the thought of marriage.

It was a storm of unspoken fears and haunting memories, each wave threatening to pull her under.

Deep

Everything was crushing down at her, her first marriage. Her standing Infront of the mirror just like this but with heavy jewelry and bridal red lehnga.

Last time she was going to become a soon to be Mrs. Oberoi.

But this time Singhania.

Mrs. Singhania, and to say less she knows them all too well.

Specially him.

"Not again," she thought, the words a silent mantra in her mind. She felt as though she was about to embark on a treacherous journey, taking seven steps into a hell named marriage, even as her heart screamed against it. Yet, she knew she had to do this-had to take control of her destiny, to break the cycle of suffering that had plagued her family since her mother's ill-fated union.