Sunday Morning

The next morning, I woke up with a deep, satisfying ache in my body, a reminder of the night we'd shared. A slow smile crept onto my lips as the memories came flooding back, and I turned to look at the person beside me. 

Lingling was still asleep, her features soft in the gentle morning light. There was something about the peacefulness of her sleeping face that stirred something deep inside me. 

I could definitely get used to this—waking up next to her, no longer needing to hide or hold back.

Unable to resist, I reached out and lightly caressed her cheek, my fingers tracing the soft curve of her face. Her skin was warm beneath my touch, and the feeling sent a pleasant warmth spreading through my chest. 

Slowly, her eyes fluttered open, her lashes lifting to reveal that familiar sleepy smile that I loved so much.

"Good morning," she whispered, her voice hushed as if she didn't want to break the delicate tranquility of the moment.

"Morning," I replied softly, leaning in to give her a quick peck on the lips. The brief contact made my heart race. Every little touch with her felt new, exciting.

Lingling shifted beneath me, pulling me gently so that I was lying on top of her, my head resting against her chest. She wrapped her arms around me, her fingers tracing lazy circles on my back. It was the kind of closeness I had craved for so long, and now that I had it, I couldn't imagine ever going without it again.

"I could get used to this," she murmured, echoing my own thoughts from earlier. Her voice was soft, tender.

I hummed in agreement, not trusting myself to speak. Instead, I just melted into her, listening to the rhythmic sound of her heartbeat beneath my ear. It beat in time with mine, steady and sure, grounding me in this perfect moment. The warmth of her skin, the comfort of her embrace—it was like heaven.

We lay there for a while, the silence of the morning wrapping around us like a blanket. The outside world felt so far away, and I wanted to stay in this bubble with her forever.