Thirty Nine

I'm seated in bed doing a bit of research as Melanie continued to sleep. I've been restless since she got back home last night. I didn't even get shut eye after. How she came home was still on my mind.

He made her cry. He tricked her. I'm not sure about what, but that doesn't matter, he. Made. Her. Cry.

A ring cut through the silence and I looked down at my phone. I picked it up and answered. It's Joel. I haven't been speaking to Joel like I normally would call wise. I'd just send him a text with an order and he'd get it done.

It's weird now that I don't call him to chat. Joel is the only close friend I've got. He's been here for years. And Oliver...loves him. I don't want Oliver sad or lonely. Especially after what happened to him.

Speaking of Teil Fields, they're next on the docket.

"Speak to me." I sat, closing my laptop shut. Melanie pitched up out of her sleep and leaned over the side of the bed, puking her guts out. I took the laptop off of my lap and set it aside as I went to her side.

"So, we've got a problem."

"What is it?"

"It's Oliver. He got drunk at Cruella's and then fought a leader of a gang which led to that guy, named Terrance Ethan, aka, Flech, to retaliate by burning Cruella's to the ground my friend."  He explains.

I held Mel's hair back as she finished. She whimpered in pain and wiped her mouth. She leaned up and looked at me. I could see sweat on her forehead.

"You okay?"

"Yeah I'm okay but-

"Not you Joel, hold on, I'll call you back on this." I hung up and wiped her forehead with my hand. "You okay?" She nods.

"I'm fine, just tired."

I checked her temperature with the back of my hand and she seemed normal. Just a bit of sweat.

"How do you feel?"

"Fine, Frank." She murmurs.

"You don't look fine." Melanie was about to get up but I stopped her.

"Woah now. You just vomit, lay down. I'll clean it up and then we'll talk okay?" Melanie just laid down and pulled the sheets over her. I took that as her okay.

However, considering I had no cleaning supplies I had to call for housekeeping. Housekeeping came and I made sure tip her the extra change for having to clean it up. She wouldn't let me.

"Tell Oliver Cruella's better be there when I get back."

He grinned. "Wouldn't that be a miracle."

Melanie is in the bathroom, soaking in hot water. I stood by the door frame, watching her. She didn't pay me any mind.

"Hm. But I know Oliver only makes stupid choices when you upset him. So what did you do for him to drink?"

Joel scoffed in defense. Nothing. "What did you do Joel?"

He sighs. "I'm not sure you want to know since it's pertaining to you know...sex." he mumbles. I rolled my eyes.

"You know what Joel, you won that one. Keep the information."

"I just won't give him any alright? And that's all. Not that I can for right now."

"Joel, Joel-

"I just don't want him upset but Oliver is a tad bit inconsiderate when it comes to other people's feelings, and now he's crying around bars just because I won't have sex with him. Need I remind him that I was shot in the shoulder and thigh because of that?"