Chapter 1

Inheriting a Draconian Mantle – Book 3

By Stargatesg1fan1

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the recognized characters or universes within. If I did…I would have ended the Inheritance Cycle with Arya and Eragon in love and entangled in a heated, naked, and sweaty mess in their bed. Harry Potter would have been smarter and taken every opportunity he had to make love to the gorgeous Miss Granger and when they were old enough he would have made her the next Mrs. Potter.

Females Bonded by Harry Potter So Far (In Books One and Two):

Nymphadora 'Nym' Tonks is played by Sarah Chalke

Hermione Granger is played by Emma Watson

Susan Bones is played by Karen Gillian

Cho Chang is played by Katie Leung

Ginny Weasley is played by Julie McNiven

Females Bonded by Harry Potter in Book 3:

Luna Lovegood is played by Evanna Lynch

Queen Dianna of the Fairies is played by Dianna Agron

IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM - IaDM

July 16th at Azkaban Prison…

Sirius Black was exerting a great deal of effort, more effort than he had exerted in over a decade. The animagus was currently in his dog form attempting to squeeze through the bars of his cell door. Sirius had spent most of his time in Azkaban within the shelter of his dog form which offered respite from the Dementors. Those soul sucking minor demons couldn't even sense Sirius when he was in his canine form. Another advantage of the canine form was that it could survive off of much less food than a human form required. That was also the reason why it had taken Sirius over a decade to become skinny enough to have a real shot of fitting through the bars of his cage.

With a growl the dog pulled his hips through the bars and was free. Cautiously the grim animagus walked down the halls, past many cells filled with diminished witches and wizards who had fared far worse under the effects of the Dementors. Sirius soon located a guard station where a guard was to be found napping. Sirius snuck up and found the guard's wand on the desk the wizard was sleeping at. Picking the wand up in his mouth the dog made good his escape from the cell block that had held him for years. It didn't take Sirius long to sneak out of the prison proper and locate the final ward barrier meant to keep any being unauthorized from leaving or arriving at the prison. Concealed from the prison by a high wall, Sirius changed back to human form.

Sirius located the weakest point in the ward barrier and incanted, "Egressus materiam negative."

The spell summoned forth a ring of negative matter, as non-magical scientists called it, to force open a hole in the energy barrier. Sirius staggered as a wave of dizziness assailed his system at the use of such power after so long without casting any wand-based magic. The Black Family spell was a closely guarded secret which Sirius considered himself lucky to have learned. Transforming back to his dog form the canine leapt through the small hole and proceeded into the sea. The cold ocean water couldn't deter the wizard as he swam for the distant shore barely visible with the knowledge that he was finally free from his wrongful imprisonment. Sirius even noticed a boat crossing the cold waters towards Azkaban, likely transporting another prisoner to the little piece of hell on Earth. Sirius could not have known that the boat contained one of his most hated enemies in the form of a rat animagus.