Chapter 5

Inheriting a Draconian Mantle – Book 3

By Stargatesg1fan1

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the recognized characters or universes within. If I did…I would have ended the Inheritance Cycle with Arya and Eragon in love and entangled in a heated, naked, and sweaty mess in their bed. Harry Potter would have been smarter and taken every opportunity he had to make love to the gorgeous Miss Granger and when they were old enough he would have made her the next Mrs. Potter.

Females Bonded by Harry Potter So Far (In Books One and Two):

Nymphadora 'Nym' Tonks is played by Sarah Chalke

Hermione Granger is played by Emma Watson

Susan Bones is played by Karen Gillian

Cho Chang is played by Katie Leung

Ginny Weasley is played by Julie McNiven

Females Bonded by Harry Potter in Book 3:

Luna Lovegood is played by Evanna Lynch

Queen Dianna of the Fairies is played by Dianna Agron

IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM – IaDM - IaDM

The holidays passed swiftly for Harry and his friends. Sooner than they would have wished the group was back at Hogwarts. After Defense Against the Dark Arts Harry was pulled aside by Remus.

"Harry…I thought you might have more trouble with the Dementors than most people your age. I know the Ministry has pulled them away from the school but that doesn't mean you won't face them at some point in your life. In fact, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they joined the other side. I think it would be a good idea if you learned the Patronus charm. I know it's traditionally not taught until Masters level charms or except in the case of special careers but I have observed how good you are with magic and believe you stand a good chance of performing it," Remus suggested.

Harry could tell the man was looking for a way to reconnect with him after realizing just how much had been missed out on over the years. Sirius was looking for the same thing. Sirius had bought Harry a Firebolt racing broom for Christmas and had also purchased himself one. The two wizards had spent a great deal of time flying over Christmas break.

"Sure Remus," Harry answered. "I would like to give the charm a try."

"The first session will have to wait until Thursday at the earliest. I am afraid I am feeling a bit under the weather Harry," Remus replied.

"Remus…you do not have to hide what you are from me. I keep an open mind and am not judgmental. I know you are a werewolf," Harry assured.

Remus paled considerably before asking, "Did Sirius tell you?"

"He didn't have to," the celebrity assured. "Any decently intelligent person who spent a term under your tutelage should be able to figure it out from the times you get sick."

"What does that say about your classmates?" Remus mused.

"Well it reflects nothing on those in my group of friends. They have all figured it out," Harry pointed out. Although in truth Hermione had pointed it out to the others. "They won't be telling anyone."