little ice cream date

It was a warm Saturday afternoon when Lily and Jay decided to have an ice cream date. The sun was shining brightly, casting playful shadows on the pavement as they strolled hand in hand through the park.

           They reached "Scoops of Joy," a quaint little ice cream shop with colorful awnings and a vintage vibe. The air was filled with the sweet aroma of waffle cones, and the sound of laughter echoed from families enjoying their treats.

          “What are you thinking?” Jay asked, glancing at the menu board.

             Lily bit her lip, pondering her options. “I’m torn between mint chocolate chip and strawberry cheesecake. What about you?”

             “Definitely going for the classic chocolate,” he replied, grinning.

               After ordering, they settled on a bench outside, ice cream cones in hand. Lily took a big bite of her strawberry cheesecake, her eyes lighting up. “This is amazing!”

               Jay laughed, savoring his chocolate. “You always pick the best flavors.”

               As they enjoyed their ice cream, they chatted about everything and nothing. They reminisced about their first date, how nervous they had been, and the way Jay had spilled soda all over himself.

            “Some things never change,” Jay teased, glancing at a spot of ice cream that had dripped onto Lily's shirt.

             Lily rolled her eyes but couldn’t help but laugh. “Okay, you got me there.”

              They decided to explore the park after finishing their treats. As they walked, they passed by a small pond where ducks paddled lazily. Jay suggested they feed them some leftover crumbs from their cones, and Lily loved the idea. They crouched down, tossing bits of waffle cone into the water and giggling as the ducks quacked eagerly.

               The sun began to set, painting the sky in shades of pink and orange. Jay turned to Lily, his expression softening. “I’m really glad we did this. Just us, no distractions.”

               “Me too,” Lily said, her heart swelling. “It’s perfect.”

               As they watched the sunset, Jay reached for her hand. “Let’s make this a tradition,” he suggested. “Ice cream dates every month.”

               “Deal,” Lily smiled, leaning her head on his shoulder.

                In that moment, surrounded by laughter and the gentle sound of water, they both knew that these simple moments were what made their relationship special.

.
.
.
.
Thanks
Okay bye
See you next time
🫰🫵