O n e

"Mom, I'm telling you it was an accident!" I try to convince her as I pace through our living room

"Mom, I'm telling you it was an accident!" I try to convince her as I pace through our living room. I can't be send to Florida, I just can't.

"Oh, so you accidentally broke the window? You accidentally stole the test answers?" She hisses as she sighs, shaking her head in disappointment.

"Surprise." I mutter as I tud down on the couch, looking out the window that's facing the beautiful city of London.

"Avery. I'm disappointed in you, I've raised you better than this." My mother says as she takes a seat across from me, her voice dripping with a hint of sadness. Which immediately makes me feel guilty.

"I'm sorry mom. I just... don't want to go to Florida." I say, trying to sound as sad as possible, to maybe convince her to let me stay. "I wanna stay here with my friends... And you." I pout, giving her my best puppy eyes.

She leans back into the white couch, crossing her arms as she gazes at me. "Tsk... don't make me laugh, Avery." She scoffs as she straightens her black skirt. "They're not your friends, real friends wouldn't let you do stupid and immature stuff like that."

Before I could protest she leans forward, resting her elbows on her knees. "You're going to Florida this summer. Whether you like it or not." She states firm, making it clear that she won't argue anymore.

But I'm not going down without an argument. "Mom! You can't—"

"Yes I can, Avery." She cuts me off as she gets up from the couch, gesturing to my room.

"Go on and pack your things, Tomorrow you're leaving." And with that, she left the living room.

There was clearly no backing out of this, so I gotta mentally prepare myself for this hell of a summer. Or I'll just go and visit Blub; A hibernation doesn't sound that bad at this moment.

✩✩✩

"When I grow up, I want to become an astronaut." Ocean says as she smiles cheekily at me, her blue eyes shining in the sunlight that shines through the car window.

And there I was, sitting in the car with three complete strangers. They're not really strangers, I've met them before like a thousand fucking years a go.

And the trip towards Florida, was hell. There was a crying baby in the plane, I almost missed my plane because I tripped over my own fucking feet, and also I sat next to a man who was snoring like a fucking pig. But I made it, unfortunately.

I nod slow. "Hm. Good for you." I mutter uninterested as I glance out of the car window. Right now, I was thinking of opening the door and jump out of the fucking car.

"And you, Avery? Already thought about what you want to be when you grow up?" I hear Dylan's voice from the driver seat.

"Uh.. no not really." I answer with my British accent, I feel so out of place here. And I honestly never really thought about it, my future. Even though I know I should be focusing on my future, instead of stealing test answers.