𝑶𝑵𝑬

𝑨 𝑻𝒓𝒂𝒈𝒊𝒄 𝑩𝒆𝒈𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈

𝑳𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒂'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽Spinning, spinning

𝑳𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒂'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽
Spinning, spinning. The whole room was spinning, every step I took seemed to be taken in slow motion. I think the tequila shots took a toll on me, as the bass of the music wasn't making my blood and skin pulse ten minutes ago. I tried pushing my way through the crowd, scanning every blonde for the face of my bestfriend, Jordyn, but my vision didn't want to cooperate as everything was too blurry to make out fully. My chest was growing tight and I couldn't tell whether it was from the panic or the fact I felt like heaving. Air, I need air.

I struggled my way through the crowd of drunk dancing, weakly and slowly making my way to the door. I fell to the step just outside to prop myself upright and reached for the phone in my pocket. I squinted my eyes at the screen, and attempt to punch in my password. But still, my vision wasn't willing to cooperate.

"Hello?" a voice echoes down at me. I thought I imagined it at first, for that singular word seemed to go straight through me. "Are you okay?" the voice speaks again. I look up and widen my eyes slightly, and then immediately narrow them, trying to make them focus right. There were two faces looking down over me. From what I could make out, one was a dark skinned man with hard eyes and a chiselled jaw, his eyebrows furrowed together and his stubble was groomed with jagged edges that made him seem somewhat intimidating. Or maybe I'm just drunk. But the man that was talking directly at me had long, dark locks that hung over his dark eyes, gazing down at me. Their faces were stern with worry, as the man that spoke to me knelt down, looking left and right to check if anyone was with me, I assume. I nod at them - or him, as I was still trying to get my eyes to focus properly on the details in his face.

"Yeah, I'm waiting," I stumble the words out, glancing back at the unfortunately handsome man knelt before me. He slides his jacket off his shoulders and places it over mine.

"Who are you here with?" he asks, and it takes me moment to process the words before I'm able to respond. I shake my head slowly.

"No I'm fine, really. Don't stay. My friend and her boyfriend are just around the corner," I tell them, not sure at all if that was true. As handsome as he was, part of me was scared I might be thrown into a car and taken for whatever horrible reasons women are abducted. It was always the handsome ones that had the worst flaws. Though the man looked unsure as he looked back at me. He looked me up and down, seemingly checking for something, either way it was making me slightly uncomfortable as I shuffled where I sat. He held my arms, scanning me still. He paused his eyes when he saw the horrid scars on my arms that I had shamefully always hid until a month or two ago. I quickly pulled my arm away from him and scowled up into his eyes.

"I'm not going to harm you," he whispered, not moving a muscle from or toward me. "I promise." He looked right into my eyes as he promised, staring into my soul, and for whatever reason, I believed him. I released a tense that pulled in my chest as he did so, and I gave him a small nod, breaking the eye contact to stare down, slightly embarrassed that this total stranger just saw a glimpse of the worst moments of my life.