𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹

𝑨 𝑺𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒌 𝑺𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒔 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑭𝒍𝒂𝒎𝒆

𝑳𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒂'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽It's been a few days since the party now, and I haven't seen any of them since then, and I didn't get any numbers or socials for them to contact me on

𝑳𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒂'𝒔 𝑷𝑶𝑽
It's been a few days since the party now, and I haven't seen any of them since then, and I didn't get any numbers or socials for them to contact me on. I wasn't sure I even wanted them to. Whatever stupid tension or lust there was between me and Spencer seemed like it would only bring bad. Jordyn said I was silly for always expecting the worst, but since Brad I can't help it. Me and Jordyn had left right after my argument with Spencer, I no longer felt the buzz to partake in drunken activity around his presence.

I took a deep breathe, staring at myself in the mirror. I can't help but feel like I'm better on my own anyway - and with Jordyn, of course. I retied my hair neater, before grabbing my bag and heading out for my shift. But I was surprised to come to a stop when there was a box at my feet. I frowned and bent over to pick it up. I haven't ordered anything? And there was no delivery label on it. I looked left and right but there was nobody except an old lady passing the other side of the road.

I let my curiosity get the better of me and bring it in to quickly open. I grab the scissors and slice open the sellotape, folding the top open. I glance inside and find myself pulling out the black masquerade mask. Strange, last I saw that I was with.. Right, Spencer. I sigh before reaching in the box for the other item laying there. It was a notebook. A personalised notebook. It had a black cover with gold and white writing on the front:
"My love, My trust, My blood; Never to be braided again. A promise to myself, I will blossom from the seeds planted."
He remembered.
I try not to let myself feel too pleased by Spencer remembering little things like this. He did apparently have an eidetic memory after all. I flick through the pages and pause when I see something written at the back.
"I'm sorry *his number*"

I laughed slightly at his confidence, staring at his handwriting. I close the book slowly, trying to decide what to do with it. I don't even know how I'd start the conversation if I added his number. I'm not sure if I even want to involve myself with him anymore. Not just because of our argument, I've mostly got over that. But I dont think I'm even ready to feel the things I could already see myself considering with him. I dont even know what Spencer's intentions are, and that scares me most. For all I know I could just be this week's interest, or a project for him to profile.

I shake my head out my thoughts placing it on the table and leaving for work. I'll think about it later, I can't be late in my first week.

***