Callin' me by name, Pullin' me up from under my shame

Within his eternal clocktower, Clockwork watched as his newest companion paced with frustration and worry.

"You're telling me this is all necessary!? I don't think I understand your methods, my guy!" His guest fumed, Clasping his hands together as some sort of mortal coping mechanism.

"Patience, Child, Fate can be reckless and brash in her path but you need not worry, Everything will tie together like the ribbons of a bow, The present is a gift you know." The ghost replied with a gentle smile.

"And there's nothing I can do to help?" Asked the mortal in quiet resignation.

"You can't free a butterfly from it's cocoon without harming it's ability to thrive, My boy, You mustn't worry about now, Simply bide your time."

-

Danny flew overhead with the unconscious fairy in his arms as his friends sprinted towards his home. Once the half ghost got close enough he waited out of sight, Waiting for a signal.

Was he really doing this?

It came in the form of a text from Tucker. 'All clear' it read. He let himself change back from Phantom to Fenton, He knew he could use intangibility but he didn't want to risk agitating the wound further.

Apparently he was.

Danny came out of hiding, Looking around as he walked up the steps towards his front door, Tucker walked out to help take some of the burden from his friend.

"Ladies first." Sam said with a smirk as she held the front door open.

"Wow you're so generous, Samantha." The tech nerd thanked, His tone tinged with obvious sarcasm.

The half ghost rolled his eyes as the two carried Peri inside, Danny let his own little quip slip in the form of. "Ah such a gentleman."

He paused as they got inside, Looking around. "Jazz isn't here either?" He asked, That didn't really seem like an issue. Whether she gets to know or not is the last of their concerns currently.

"Nah." Tucker replied. "But that's for the best right? I mean, She means well but... Uh.." Danny could see the gears turning in his head.

"She wouldn't exactly be so calm about all of this." Sam spoke as she switched to the basement door, Keeping their way clear, They were right, The half ghost could imagine his sister's panic and hysterics, Jazz just didn't share their 'fuck it we ball' mentality.

Danny briefly considered leading to lay Peri down on the couch but that idea was quickly caught when he remembered the fact that, If his parents found any traces of his blood, It would be a total nightmare.

Now that he thought about it, The lab wasn't great either, Disruption of it's natural state was usually just chalked up to the three of them goofing around as teens did but yet again he knew that if they left something on accident, His parents would catch onto Peri's trail quickly.

"Sam, Go get the door to my room instead." She gave him an odd look but quickly ran up the stairs. He looked back to Tucker. "If Mom and Dad come home suddenly, We'll be cornered."

Once he heard the creek of the opening, Danny took Peri from his friend and flew over the staircase, Flying past Sam.

Thankfully as he lowered himself to his feet on the floor, Tucker ran in with a towel to lay on his bed. "I got you man."

The half ghost cracked a smile. "Thanks Tuck." He nodded and quickly addressed his other friend. "You too Sam."

-

She grinned back at his appreciation, Watching as he laid Peri down on the towel, Positioning him on his side. "This definitely changes things." The goth girl remarked.