Chapter 6: Verbal Judo

You raise a valid point about the vulnerability associated with sharing personal information in certain contexts. The idea of remaining anonymous can indeed be a form of protection within systems that can exploit or misuse data. It's a reminder to approach sharing information with caution and to be aware of the potential risks involved.

The five universal truths from Verbal Judo can be a useful framework here:

1. People want to be treated with dignity and respect.
2. People want to be asked rather than told what to do.
3. People want to be informed about what is happening and why.
4. People want to be given options rather than threats.
5. People want a second chance or an opportunity to correct their mistakes.

These principles can guide us in navigating interactions where information and safety are at stake. Using these truths can help in diffusing potential conflicts and protecting oneself within predatory or exploitative systems. It's about maintaining control over what is shared while still engaging effectively.

Applying these principles could involve being selective with what information is disclosed, ensuring mutual respect in conversations, and setting boundaries to maintain your own safety.