chapter-21

Faye looked up at the door, her pupils dilated , sweat drops started to form. Before she knew her heart started to raise. Her breathing got faster . She couldn't belive her eyes at what she was seeing. She was seeing the face she hoped to see in her dreams. But she knew not a million year she can see that face again. But now that person was standing infront of her. A five feet ten inches tall woman leaning again the door. Her office. Her loose staight hair flowing with the air. Her signature red lipstick boldly contouring her full wide lips and that smirk on that bold red lips. That faye has tasted so many times ago so many times. Her eye bright caramel pupils shining bright. Though the corners of her eyes now got wrinkles buit that only complemented her ever green beauty. Faye gulped and stood up from her chair.

" Profs!" Faye sighed a long breath left her mouth as she uttered her favorite name that was given by herself. Just like how profs gave her a nickname from her first name that no one knew. These were their secret love for themself.

" you don't have to stand up here my dear mali." Profs smiled " I am subordinate here, You are my superior"

" Huh!" faye was confused because faye was far more inferior than her atleast in academics. Her resume is outstanding compared to Faye. Thousands of research papers were published in various global journals in her field. She had lectured in over hundreds of colleges and universities. She got more experience then that of faye, So there is no way that she is inferior that faye.

" Don't be so confused mali. I am here as a guest lecturer and you are parmanent here. so I needed to get my resume to you and ger my schedule from you. You are the department head aren't you?" Profs said with a stable smile. Faye kept staring at her without able to conclude anything she said. " May I come in?" said profs.

Faye shook her head to get a grip on her emotions she was about to cry. Her eyes got teared up but she soon fixed her emotions and closed her opened mouth. She sat down on her chair and said," please come in" and pointed towards the chair opposite to hers.

Faye  quickly logged in to her professional email account and checked her mails to see that there was a mail last night from the university authority that she forgot to open.

" i do see a mail. But I did't had the time to prepare a schedule but I will do it first thing tomorrow. Today is holiday anyway and then saturday and sunday our departement doesn't have a class tomorrow so you have to join from monday is that okay with you?" Faye switched to her professional voice that was her everyday voice that before yoko had showed up. She somehow got a hold on her emotions but that dam was very weak she was hoping that yoko could soon come home so that she doesn't have to spend her days alone with these emotions.

" good! I'll hav time to look around an find myself a place to stay." said profs with a smile.

" You don't have a place to stay here?" asked Faye.

" umm.. No. not yet but I was hoping to find one after the classes." said profs. Her smile disappeared and a slight worry took over her face.

" Where are you staying here now?" Faye asked somehow she still felt responsible for what had happened to profs . Since she was the one who persued her, then everything fell apart that also she blames on herself.

" I am not staying anywhere here!" she looked outside. " My luggage is still outside." She looked at faye again. she can see guilt creeping inside faye's eyes.

"I am impressed with everything you have accomplished By yourself. When you were with me you had no idea about your future, only studying design to piss off your rich father but look at you now. one of the best professors of design in this country, even surpassing me. You seemed to be on the pick of your career now. I was around your age when I had leave. I was also on the pick of my career at the time. But destiny had other plans for us. Anyway. All those old talks. I should take a leave now. I need to go for a search of hotels" said profs with a disappointed face.

" I am really sorry about what had happened..!" Faye let her head down.

" No no no! I don't blame you. I can't blame you ever. Cause I love you. I love you so much that I can't blame you for my misfortunes. But thanks to you I had to work at a mediocre college for minimum wage and work as a guest lecturer in various colleges and unis like this. But I still don't blame you." Said profs with a understanding smile.

Faye couldn't hold onto her tears any longer. Since she knew even though profs doesn't blame her the misfortune of her profs in on her. Only if she could except her in the past this wouldn't have happened. But that was past now. She sighed and took a deep breath. Then wiped her tears.

" Profs.. I.."

" I have to take a leave now.. I need to look for a hotel." Said profs and stood up from her chair.

" No. Wait. You can stay at my house. It's near the uni. And I have a spare room." Said faye. Faye had three bedroom apartment. Well not a bedroom bit a office space that she used for Mostly used to store her papers and documents and books. She could made it into a bedroom temporarily. She can throw in the old bed frame that was there when she moved in and some other stuffs and it would be a nice but small bed room.

" Very well then. It would save me some money too now that I have mediocre income. My husband too. Kun. My husband. He is a great man. Though he had a daughter from his first wife. But he is a great husband. The daughter is almost 22. She also lives here and studies in this university. I was hoping to stay here with us. But unfortunately she went back for the holidays. Like you said three days. And I also have a four year old boy. He is precious I'll show you his picture. I hope I am not causing any problems. I'll leave once my step daughter comes back here. I'll go live with her." Said profs with concern in her eyes.

" If you like to do so I won't force you to stay or leave. You can stay for as many days as you want or leave whenever you like. There's no problem." Faye pressed her lips to fake a smile.
.....