Chapter Two: How to Reverse The Curse of Being Invisible

The ghost, AKA, Michael vanished into the air right after I agreed to his deal. But, I didn't realize how big this deal is. I don't know what my part of the deal even was? What do I even have to do to help him let people communicate with him? Stand on top of the school's stage and yell, "Michael is here to talk to you! Here's a Oujia board! A dollar per message!" or something stupid like that? I don't know at all what to do. And I gotta know soon because I don't know what I got myself into.
After he vanished, I got up out of my sitting position off the floor and headed out of the library and outside onto the campus walkway. My school was huge, super huge. Each grade level had its own building with a separate building for the gym and well of course, the library. I walked peacefully down the sidewalk with my backpack on my shoulders. The sun was starting to set, and the lampshades were on. It was like a scene straight from a movie drama.
"Ah, what did I get myself into..." I said as I whined to myself.

* ~ *

The next day, I headed back to school. It was a Wednesday, and I personally was not in the mood of seeing Michael. I regret my choice, but at the same time. I want to help him. I've been trying to put myself in his shoes, which is hard to do in this situation because he is not actually human. I've never been separated from my family, I never left without saying goodbye, and most of all, I am not dead yet.
So I hope you get what I'm saying here. I sat down at my desk waiting for the first period to start. It was math. Math class at eight in the morning. The teacher walks up to the front of the room and starts today's lecture. It was something about angles, but I was too distracted to care.
I lifted up my pen and started doodling random things I saw around the room. A pencil sharpener, a desk, the window. When I looked at the window, I saw a face, it was Michaels peering through the window staring at me intently. I raised an eyebrow trying to ask him in a non verbal way of "What are you doing?" but he didn't understand. He then walked away from the window and headed towards the door of the classroom. He carefully opened the door a little bit and squeezed through without being noticed, and cautiously walked over to me. I tried not to be a distraction, because I don't want people to think I'm crazier than I already am according to them, so I made facial expressions and hand movements to talk to Michael. "How's class?" Michael asked playfully.
      I opened my mouth to speak, but it's difficult to talk to a ghost, y'know? I put a thumbs up under my desk, and Michael nodded. I then mouthed 'Why are you here?' to Michael, and he laughed. It's crazy that no one can hear him but me. Ghosts are weird.
"I'm just checking in on you. Being dead sucks. I have to find some entertainment around here." Michael sighed.
He's right. What does Michael even do here besides walk around the school? He can't leave. Wait, why can't he leave?
The bell rang and I headed to my next class, Michael followed behind me through the halls and I tried to lose him in the crowd of students. To be honest, Being followed is kind of creepy, especially from a guy you just met.
I kept looking behind me to watch for Michael to see if he lost my trail, but I saw quick glimpses of him through the heads of all the students behind me. I walked faster and made it into my classroom.
I sat in the back of the class next to the window as usual, and got out my notebook. I continued peeking out the door window on my side of the room in watch for Michael. I think I lost him. I just can't focus on school with him all day, it's embarrassing.

    The school day came to an end and I found a way to sorta avoid Michael. It was hard, and I briefly saw him at random points of the day, but I turned the other way and ran.
I think some people were watching me act like a psycho in the hallways, and I catched the people in the hallway giving me the stink eye.  I went the shortcut way to the library to read as I do everyday. I guess I will have to talk to Michael at this point. I can't avoid him forever.
I approached the library and walked through the rows and rows of aisles of books. It seemed never ending. There are no librarians walking around because literally no one goes here at all. It feels abandoned.
I looked around for a book through the aisles. Until something caught my eye, a book with a title of a guide of the paranormal. I picked up the book and looked at the back. The description was something about everything you need to know about ghosts. How to communicate, how to summon, and how to exorcize ghosts. I flipped through and landed on the page about communication.
The pages were old and there were a couple tears among the pages.
I quickly read the page through and collected some information. But, I felt a presence behind me, watching me. I spun around, and Michael was standing there confused. "What are you doing?" he asked.
    "I found a book about ghosts, that's all." I mentioned.
"Okay..." he replies. "Also, why were you avoiding me?" I look around everywhere but Michael. I had to say something. "It's because I just don't like being followed around, and um. How do I say this... I don't want to do the deal." Michael's face turned into a sad expression. "I need your help, August!" Michael exclaimed.
    "I know, I know, it's just that it's a lot, and I don't know what you specifically want me to do! School is difficult, okay?!" I started yelling a bit.
Michael looked frantic and started to fidget with his hands again.
    "Please, I just want to talk to my friends and family again. All I need from you is to let people know I am there." He started tearing up a bit. I have never seen someone like that before. He looked helpless. And of course, I agreed again. "What's the plan?" I said, trying to sound confident.
    Michael looked back up at me, on the verge of tears. And lightly smiled. "Thank you..." he said, and then continued with the plan. "So, I need you tomorrow to find a way to talk to my friends. And tell them that they can talk to me." I gulped. I really don't want to do this. But...
    "Okay. I will do that."
"Then it's on. I will see you tomorrow, August."