21 | One again |

Just as she reached for the keys, the door opened, and a shower of rose petals fell around her, cascading like a soft rain

“Welcome home, jaan,” Siddharth whispered, taking her hand tenderly. His smile, however, faded the moment his eyes fell on Afreen standing at the door, her presence lingering like an unwelcome shadow.

Shehnaaz smiled at the warm welcome, her heart fluttering at Siddharth's gesture. However, the sight of Afreen lingering at the door made her uneasy. She glanced between them, unsure of what to make of the situation.

Afreen smirked, crossing her arms. “Quite the grand welcome, Siddharth. I didn't know you were so...romantic.”

Siddharth's expression hardened. “Afreen, it's late. You should go.” Afreen’s smile widened, clearly enjoying the tension.

“I left something here.” Afreen tried to step inside, but Shehnaaz grabbed her wrist and roughly pushed her back, refusing to look at her.

“Oh, Siddharth, mujhe nahi pata tha saudi has this venomous snake now,” Shehnaaz smirked, turning to Siddharth, who stifled a laugh. She then shifted her gaze to Afreen and snatched the keys from her hand.

“No more snakes from now on.” Shehnaaz smiled softly at Siddharth, who smiled back. His expression hardened again when he looked at Afreen.

“My things—”

“They’re all burned. Clothes? Burned. Perfume? Burned. No other woman’s scent is allowed in this house except my wife’s,” Siddharth said coldly, fueling Afreen’s anger. “That was a gift from my husband!” Afreen yelled, her voice seething as she approached Siddharth, who stepped back sensing her closeness.

“The husband you stole?” Shehnaaz retorted, stepping in front of Siddharth and pushing Afreen back by her shoulder. “You have the audacity to steal husbands and now my husband’s money? If you don’t return every last penny of his hard-earned money, Afreen, I’ll make sure you never live a peaceful life and no man ever marries you after this one leaves you.”

“What money? I didn’t steal any! Ask your husband if he’s spending it on his second wife or some mistress because—”

Before she could finish, Shehnaaz slapped her hard across the left cheek, almost knocking her off balance. “Get out!” Shehnaaz roared, pushing Siddharth inside and slamming the door in Afreen’s face. Turning back, she gasped, seeing Siddharth sprawled on the floor, having tripped, but he was grinning at her with amusement. Her anger melted as she rushed to help him, only for him to pull her onto his lap, his eyes dancing with amusement.

“Aapko lag gayi?” she asked worriedly, cupping his face, but he broke into laughter.

“Where have you been hiding this side of you, jaan?” he teased. “I thought you only knew how to fight with me.”

Shehnaaz blushed, playing with the buttons on his shirt, avoiding his gaze. “When it comes to you, I would fight the whole world for you too.”

Siddharth gently lifted her chin, kissing her softly. As they kissed, his hands moved to remove her hijab and abaya. He pulled back, smiling softly, and pressed his forehead to hers. “Kasam se, tum itni pyaari ho mann karta hai, khajau tumhe.” he whispered huskily, making her blush even redder.