iv - battle scars

(Here it is, the last chapter in this mini fic novella thingy. I promise to update All Too Familiar and that other Tomadashi fic soon. Also wanna start on a HiccElsa fic but idk. Been watching too much Race To The Edge. Warning: Feels Train ahead.)

"Alright buddy, easy...eaaasy...Okay, alright, now!"

Hiro maneuvered Baymax into a flat, belly-flop position and stood painfully, extending his glove clad arms to balance himself as he teethered cautiously, taking tiny steps forward until he was standing on the shiny red metal of Baymax's helmet.

"Falling from a height this high could result in bodily harm, and in some cases, death ."

Baymax piped up from where his head was being trampled around carelessly under Hiro's shoes, emphasizing the last word matter-of-factly.

The young teen cringed at his best friend's precaution, gripping on to the cement ledge for dear life as he locked his knees on the white robot's head and fumbled downward blindly for the window handle, trying to navigate it upward in the dim neon lights of San Fransokyo.

"Yeah, I got that the first time, Baymax! Also, maybe turn the rocket thrusters down a notch? The last thing we need is waking Aunt Cass up at three-thirty in the morning." Hiro hissed through gritted teeth, finally succeeding in unlocking the window and was now attempting to hoist it up with as much effort as a fifteen year old superhero standing on the egg -shaped head of his best friend while being suspended mid-air in heavy battle armour at the window of his aunt's cafe-cum-apartment could muster. He would've left the window open before they left for the mission, but it might have rained, and Aunt Cass would come running up, freaking out for two reasons because 1, Hiro had just gotten rain all over the wood floor boards which might have caused a termite infection AGAIN , and 2, Hiro wasn't in his room, which look lead to hysterically screaming followed by a call to the police and half a dozen wailing sirens outside the café at midnight.

So basically, that wasn't an option.

After two months of being an undercover superhero, Hiro concluded that the only way he and baynax would've been able to enter the house without Aunt Cass noticing was through his bedroom window.

He'd steer Baymax over San Fransokyo after their missions at night, lower him horizontally, use his rocket thrusters as an invisible platform, stand up on his back, open the window, climb inside, then pull Baymax in.

And it posed a huge problem.

For starters, his window was tiny. Well, it wasn't that tiny, but tiny in a you-couldn't-fit-a-giant-inflatable-robot-in-heavy-armour-through sense. After two weeks of having to actually disassemble some of Baymax's armour, followed by a minute or so of inflation before being able to squeeze him through the window with minimum difficulty, The asian teen resolved to take matters into his own hands.

"Aunt Cass, I need a new window."

Cass, who had just served a raspberry tart to Mrs Matsuda, wiped her hands on her apron and spun around to face her nephew with a perplexed expression on her face.

Hiro meanwhile, was mentally counting off all the valid reasons he could provide.

"I crashed a football through it... It's too stuffy...no wait, we have air conditioning...um...i'm secretly a vampire and would like to end my life by allowing large amounts of bright sunlight into the room."

Finally, he answered with the most honest-to-goodness reason he could muster, even if it wasn't about trying to squish Baymax through the window every night.