iii - bot fight

(Hey guys! I am so sorry I haven't been updating since the start of the year, but i've been really busy and my grades have not been cutting it. I won't be updating as much but school break is coming up so hopefully i'll still be able to write some.)

"You did WHAT?!"

Tadashi Hamada slammed the plastic bottle of mineral water he had been taking a sip from down on the bedside table and whirled around to face his brother, who was sitting on the bed, legs crossed and looking down meekly at his feet.

Hiro Hamada rubbed his cheek. His bruised cheek. His bruised and very, VERY swollen cheek. In fact, his whole face was covered in a variety of bruises dark patches, and cuts. Tadashi had stayed in school to complete an assigned project due that day, and upon arriving home late that night discovered two things:

First of all, Hiro was already asleep. Hiro NEVER slept before 11 at night. It was just abnormal. He would usually be kept awake with bot building or action movies, and wouldn't go to bed till 3. But today was different. There was no light coming from the workshop in the garage, and the floor was clear of leftover spilt popcorn.

Huh.

Secondly, Hiro was bundled up under the covers. Hiro NEVER used the covers. He'd complain it was "too hot" and kick them off to the side in the middle of the night. But tonight, tonight he threw them over his head. Tadashi assumed that he was simply using one of his crazy gadgets under the covers, in the dark, AGAIN.

"You can't keep doing that Hiro, you're gonna cause major damage to your retinas." Tadashi huffed and stalked over to the bed, where the lump of blankets was huddled. He lifted the edge of the cover and flung it open.

A bunch of stuffed toys and pillows were arranged in a suspicious heap.

The window was open.

That. Little. Sneak.

From what Tadashi was seeing, two things were going down tonight:

1. Hiro had escaped out the freaking window.

2. Aunt Cass was going to kill them.

He had waited until two in the morning, when he heard a "thump" as the window, followed by an ungraceful tumble, where Hiro somersaulted through the window and landed on his butt smack in front of his older brother, arms crossed and staring down at him with eyes that could literally kill.

Fast forward a little, and it ended up with Hiro sitting on the bed, receiving the lecture of his entire ten years of existence.

"Uhh..I..I um.. kinda went botfightinnnngg.." Hiro dragged on weakly and quickly averted his brother's stone cold gaze as he mumbled incoherently.

"When." was all Tadashi could muster as he gave Hiro such an icy glare, making Elsa run for the hills.

"W..when?" Hiro shakily replied.

"When did you start participating in illegal bot fights, Hiro."

"Bot fighting is NOT illegal!" Hiro protested.

"Oh, come on Hiro, you think I don't know you've been betting on bot fights?" Tadashi crossed his arms over his chest.

"How did you know?!' Hiro squeaked.

"Twenty dollars is missing from the swear jar."

"We have like, a bajillion dollars in there." Hiro said through gritted teeth.