Chapter 1

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amelie glanced at the clock, a small smile creeping across her lips. It was late, but she didn't care. The last few months had been a whirlwind—her new job, the long days on set, and, of course, her relationship with Edvin. She still couldn't believe how quickly everything had fallen into place. From that awkward first meeting at the café to now... she was dating him. Edvin Ryding. It still felt surreal, like something out of a dream she never wanted to wake up from.

She stretched her legs on the couch, the apartment lit by the soft glow of string lights and the faint flicker of the TV playing in the background. Her phone buzzed next to her. It was Edvin, a simple text, but one that still made her heart flutter.

Edvin: Almost home. Miss me? ;)

Amelie laughed softly, her cheeks flushing as she quickly replied.

Amelie: Always. Did you miss me though? I'm not sure I believe it...

She sent the text, biting her lip in anticipation. It was strange how natural everything felt now. The shyness that had once overwhelmed her around him had melted away, replaced with a comfort she hadn't expected. Sure, there were still moments when she'd catch herself staring at him, wondering how on earth this was real. How did they go from strangers in a café to this—nights spent watching movies together, shared dinners, private jokes, and the kind of deep conversations that left her feeling more connected to him than she thought possible?

The door clicked open, breaking her thoughts. She turned just as Edvin stepped in, his hair slightly tousled from the wind, a smile immediately lighting up his face when he saw her.

"I told you I missed you," he said, shrugging off his jacket and tossing it onto the nearby chair. "Don't act so surprised."

Amelie grinned, sitting up as he crossed the room. "I'm just making sure you're still as obsessed with me as you were this morning."

Edvin chuckled, leaning down to kiss her gently on the forehead before sitting beside her. "Trust me, I'm not going anywhere."

They sat in comfortable silence for a moment, his arm sliding around her shoulders as they settled into the couch together. She rested her head on his chest, listening to the steady beat of his heart. It was moments like this that felt the most surreal. Outside, he was Edvin Ryding, the actor everyone knew, the star of Young Royals, but here, with her, he was just Edvin—her boyfriend, her safe space.

"How was work?" she asked after a while, tilting her head up to look at him.

He sighed softly, running a hand through his hair. "Long. But good. We're getting close to wrapping up the shoot for the next season, so it's been pretty intense. But I survived."

Amelie smiled, proud of him for everything he was doing. "You always do. You're amazing, you know that?"

Edvin looked down at her, his eyes softening. "I think you've mentioned it once or twice."

She laughed, nudging him playfully. "Well, you need to hear it more. Seriously though, I'm really proud of you."

His expression shifted into something more serious, his hand gently tracing circles on her arm. "And I'm proud of you too, Amelie. You've been working so hard with the makeup team. They're lucky to have you."

Her heart swelled at his words. He always knew how to make her feel valued, like she mattered just as much in this crazy world of his. "It's not as glamorous as being an actor," she joked, though there was a hint of self-doubt in her voice.

Edvin immediately shook his head. "Don't do that. What you do is just as important. You're talented, and you work just as hard as anyone on set. Plus," he added with a teasing grin, "I think you're a bit more fun to be around than some of the other makeup artists."

Amelie laughed, but the sincerity in his eyes didn't go unnoticed. She leaned in closer, feeling a sense of warmth spread through her chest as his arm tightened around her.

"Thank you," she whispered, grateful for him in ways she couldn't even put into words.

He kissed the top of her head, his lips lingering for a moment before he pulled back. "So, what's the plan for tonight? More binge-watching or...?"

She smirked. "I was thinking of watching the latest episode of Young Royals..."

Edvin groaned dramatically, rolling his eyes. "I live it every day! Do we really have to?"

Amelie laughed, loving how playful he could be. "Fine, fine. No Young Royals." She leaned back, considering. "How about we just... stay like this for a while?"

Edvin smiled softly, pulling her even closer. "Sounds perfect."

And it was. In that moment, in the quiet of their apartment, wrapped up in each other, everything felt perfect. There was no press, no cameras, no outside world. Just them.

And for now, that was all that mattered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quick little chapter here!

I'm really enjoying how things are shaping up so far. If you guys have any ideas, feel free to let me know!!

Hope you like it! 😊